• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

days and days of submerged solar energy pretty much everywhere SW-W-NW of SNE, while we rack up phony cold biases...  

I don't like it frankly. This blows.  We could be 65 to 70 with tepid autumn sun kissing Kevin's napes with the perfect amount of soothing warmth ... Yet, anywhere east of the Berks?  Bum cursed - it's just unrelentingly brutal.  This is what D6 since it was sunny and anything approaching mild... ?

It's almost like it achieving an April affect from difference means... Although, I've seen that kind of whirl on satellite in April last two weeks before... perpetually jamming atlantic vomit up against the western geographic wall, so does it really matter whether it's subtropical this or cut-off that?  not really...  

How many times do we see a subtropical entity at 40 N moving SW in mid October ?   That, right there, ...is an example of an expanded Hadely Cell...  I mean that's just wrong ha

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fall is meant to be cold cloudy and windy. This is what folks want in fall. Now in Napril and Mayorch.. that’s a different story. 

Mm... missing the point as usual I see.  

Cooking cutting SNE for misery while everyone else basks in relative utopia is not the same thing as autumn typology.   We are getting screwed period.  Enjoy -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm... missing the point as usual I see.  

Cooking cutting SNE for misery while everyone else basks in relative utopia is not the same thing as autumn typology.   We are getting screwed period.  Enjoy -

Been a beautiful stretch of Top 10 days in the mountains.  

34F with frost this morning and now it got to 68F and shorts weather this afternoon.  

Been several days of frosty morning temps and mild 60s in the afternoon.  Leaf Peepers loving this weather.  

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Keystone Ski area opens tomorrow, we kick off

A-Basin pulled a fast one and just opened at 3:30pm local time today to become the first open ski area in the US.  

Ha, what a move... opening at 3:30pm to beat your competition that’s opening in the morning.  Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Coastal storm is pedestrian ...

The bigger eye -pop there is the mammoth Rosby roll-out and the sweeping chinook warm up across everywhere and including Michigan to Maine and points south,  D7 -10

Which btw, that look and the U.S. ensembles all did an about face on the previous tele signaled and explain why tele -reliance in transition season is at times just as back-stabbing as the operational runs.  We'll see if this has legs ...or if we head right back.  I'm not totally sure I buy it?  That Hagibis is a large influx - I'm just wondering if this expanded H-cell business might absorb that too.  Just think, we keep this up and maybe no teleconnectors will be worth a shit at any time of the year

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Coastal storm is pedestrian ...

The bigger eye -pop there is the mammoth Rosby roll-out and the sweeping chinook warm up across everywhere and including Michigan to Maine and points south,  D7 -10

Which btw, that look and the U.S. ensembles all did an about face on the previous tele signaled and explain why tele -reliance in transition season is at times just as back-stabbing as the operational runs.  We'll see if this has legs ...or if we head right back.  I'm not totally sure I buy it?  That Hagibis is a large influx - I'm just wondering if this expanded H-cell business might absorb that too.  Just think, we keep this up and maybe no teleconnectors will be worth a shit at any time of the year

Imagine an entire winter of nowcast...

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

A-Basin pulled a fast one and just opened at 3:30pm local time today to become the first open ski area in the US.  

Ha, what a move... opening at 3:30pm to beat your competition that’s opening in the morning.  Love it.

What do they win?

Just now, Dan76 said:

What do they win?

It's a savage competition to be the first open ski area... I'm pretty sure Keystone opened one time with their night skiing lights at like 4-5am, when A-Basin and Loveland had to wait for the sun to come up.  It's fun though, they try to one up each other.

• Haha 1