Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The 12z Euro CRUSHES eastern ND and NW MN...holy crap. This is wild. Why can't we get something like this now...that would be awesome. 

Fall and spring can produce some prolific midwest snows. There seems be more moisture transport during these times for them while being close enough to canadian air. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

This is more of a prolonged deal so I see why it has that. But, that would have to be well placed and a firehose.

Ha yeah I was thinking of this run from a week ago.... this was also a prolonged deal on the model but don't think it's aged well, lol.

Just weird to see a couple runs with 5-10" of rainfall from the Euro on different events.

image.png

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fall and spring can produce some prolific midwest snows. There seems be more moisture transport during these times for them while being close enough to canadian air. 

Bingo!!

Was thinking the exact same thing. Throw in that warm moist air wrapping into the cold sector and BOOM. Having this thing close off to at H5...everything is aligning for some monster totals somewhere. 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

ughhh I want to go to NW MN Friday. I can't believe the totals the GFS/euro are dropping...they are going bonkers with that deform band. This sounding is FILTHY!!!

image.thumb.png.2ad95561372249914c298f7dcd471b10.png

North Dakota is where you want to be. Euro has them behind the CF with initial 6 to 12 then as the low cranks up they deform with winds to 50 and another 24 to 36 .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Bingo!!

Was thinking the exact same thing. Throw in that warm moist air wrapping into the cold sector and BOOM. Having this thing close off to at H5...everything is aligning for some monster totals somewhere. 

ya....I was just thinking that thing looks more like a biggy for here in January or something......we have the advantage of being able to tap Atlantic moisture during the whole winter right?  Tough to do in the midwest in January I would think......I recall their biggies always being very cold and windy but relatively low snow totals....like a foot for a blizzard in Minnesota would be a lot.....but the drifts insane cuz of the wind

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

North Dakota is where you want to be. Euro has them behind the CF with initial 6 to 12 then as the low cranks up they deform with winds to 50 and another 24 to 36 .

eastern ND could get destroyed. Someone is going to get 3+ feet. This is going to be BS if all these places are getting historic snow this month and we just dodge rain drops and bird poop from geese flying south 

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

ya....I was just thinking that thing looks more like a biggy for here in January or something......we have the advantage of being able to tap Atlantic moisture during the whole winter right?  Tough to do in the midwest in January I would think......I recall their biggies always being very cold and windy but relatively low snow totals....like a foot for a blizzard in Minnesota would be a lot.....but the drifts insane cuz of the wind

drifts could be like 4-5' I bet...if these scenarios play out of course. I think there will be at least a strip of prolific totals. 

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm with you.  There was an exchange with Dendrite one night this summer that seemed like he was giving Dendrite props for figuring it out.

Doesn't matter, I feel like anyone banned from the forum for the old political forum should be allowed back into the weather side.

But then he was referencing some snow events where he lived in SNH a while back and that sounds more like Birving.  We'll never know for sure, ha.  But the guy just wants to talk weather like the rest of us.  Who cares in the end as fun as it is.

Lol Doug doesn't and never has been a weather poster for any details.  Dr Dews is a knowledgeable poster who would rather troll than make good posts.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

eastern ND could get destroyed. Someone is going to get 3+ feet. This is going to be BS if all these places are getting historic snow this month and we just dodge rain drops and bird poop from geese flying south 

Why,  its pretty much common in the upper midwest early season and late spring 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sneaky wind day here. Lots of near 40 gusts, limbs and some rotted trees falling . Auburn Mass

IMG_20191007_151445.jpg

wow...that's pretty nuts. 

I didn't pay much attention to the weather for here today, but based on the fact a front was approaching there was a bit more sun than I would have anticipated...stronger mixing?