Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thats why I keep my Stratus as official but my errors are tenths

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

When I get my anemometer on roof and figure out why my rain  gauge is 25% less than my standard one. 

Cally time for both of you. Assuming the gauge is level, give each screw on both sides underneath the tipper a 1/4 turn counter clockwise. Scoot may want to go aggressive initially and go with a 1/2 turn or F it and give it a full turn. Just try to do the same for each side the best you can. 

Then wait for a bigger synoptic event to compare again...something like 0.25-0.50 or more. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Cally time for both of you. Assuming the gauge is level, give each screw on both sides underneath the tipper a 1/4 turn counter clockwise. Scoot may want to go aggressive initially and go with a 1/2 turn or F it and give it a full turn. Just try to do the same for each side the best you can. 

Then wait for a bigger synoptic event to compare again...something like 0.25-0.50 or more. 

My 4x4 post warped a tad. I don’t think that is the reason for under-catch, but it may be just slightly uneven. I’ll get to it one of these days. 

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I am talking. .1 here or there really not often