SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Have that here too. 

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It happens in convection season.  Think of the PWM total and then you think, how easy is it to get a quick half inch of rain from a cluster of T-storms?  Just unlucky and there were several slugs of convection and synoptic forcing moving through just 25-50 miles to the northwest of PWM throughout the month. 

That gradient from like 1" to 3" is pretty sharp overall.  Have and have nots.

We seem to miss out regularly during convection season, while others (mostly to our north and west) do not.  I wonder if it's related to our coastal orientation and sea breeze influence? Same thing with Scooter.

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It happens in convection season.  Think of the PWM total and then you think, how easy is it to get a quick half inch of rain from a cluster of T-storms?  Just unlucky and there were several slugs of convection and synoptic forcing moving through just 25-50 miles to the northwest of PWM throughout the month. 

That gradient from like 1" to 3" is pretty sharp overall.  Have and have nots.

That map is radar derived if I’m not mistaken. Just to my south has had an ok month rain wise, albeit still BN. It’s been very dry here. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tunafish said:

We seem to miss out regularly during convection season, while others (mostly to our north and west) do not.  I wonder if it's related to our coastal orientation and sea breeze influence? Same thing with Scooter.

I had it good until August. Usually June and July are dry. It was the opposite lol. It’s more luck around my area. However, last several summers have overall been dry. 

Looks like a low chance for +RA next week as a brief slow down in upper level features could cause a front to stall somewhere on the East Coast. After that, it's doldrums again with AN conditions as a GOAK trough sets up. It doesn't look uberly warm, but boredom and mild temps overall it seems. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Man that's crazy.   I hate how these heat domes always get cut off in the mid-Atlantic.  Just let us roast like the rest of the country.

I want nothing, nothing to do with that right now. Bring it in July. Seasons in seasons. Yes, I said it.

44 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a low chance for +RA next week as a brief slow down in upper level features could cause a front to stall somewhere on the East Coast. After that, it's doldrums again with AN conditions as a GOAK trough sets up. It doesn't look uberly warm, but boredom and mild temps overall it seems. 

Let's hoist a glass to another look at 10-days out. 

28 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We’ll get close but Mosquito killing frost not looking likely anytime soon. 

Scary stuff with EEE related deaths in Westchester county and one in South Windsor CT. Drive down the highway and signs flashing advising to stay indoors dusk to dawn. What the hell is goings on around here.

10 hours ago, tunafish said:

Its sea breeze and i fall under that affect as well here as you can see cells die off or split as they approach in many instances.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Man that's crazy.   I hate how these heat domes always get cut off in the mid-Atlantic.  Just let us roast like the rest of the country.

The longer you roast the more dangerous these bug/mosquito migrations will get. 

There are consequences to this kind of atypical weather. It's not supposed to be south Florida at 42N in October.