Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

9 hours ago, Poker2015 said:

Quick, but intense storm...power went out here and I saw reports of the fire department in Readington putting out a transformer fire down the road from me

Hey, same town.  There was a fire from a downed line.  Saw pics on a Branchburg FB page. 

On 10/29/2019 at 3:05 PM, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah I would think 35-45mph. Which is plenty strong to knock down a ton of leaves. Mix that with heavy rain and it’s a street flooding situation

It did reach 60 mph but that wasn't the strangest thing about last night.  I dont know if any of you others saw this but I saw something happen three times between midnight and 1 am last night.  It looked like three bouts of very long duration lightning (15 seconds each time or more) that caused the entire sky to glow (but no sound.)  The really weird part was that the light rapidly changed color from white to blue to red to yellow or orange to a very vivid emerald green.  That happened three different times and the glowing lights covered the entire sky.  What was this?  The cold front passed around 1:30 am and things calmed down after that.

11 hours ago, David-LI said:

I saw at least 3 transformers flashing or blowing up near where I live. Also lights flickering in my house. I’m in north Nassau.

Maybe those weird multicolored lights I saw in the sky were transformers popping?  But there was no sound and the entire sky was covered in lights- weird!  Happened 3x between midnight and 1 am.

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It did reach 60 mph but that wasn't the strangest thing about last night.  I dont know if any of you others saw this but I saw something happen three times between midnight and 1 am last night.  It looked like three bouts of very long duration lightning (15 seconds each time or more) that caused the entire sky to glow (but no sound.)  The really weird part was that the light rapidly changed color from white to blue to red to yellow or orange to a very vivid emerald green.  That happened three different times and the glowing lights covered the entire sky.  What was this?  The cold front passed around 1:30 am and things calmed down after that.

Transformer

• Like 1

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

Transformer

Thats probably why I saw people running like hell when it happened the first time.  No one was around the other two times it happened.  Weird thing is I thought transformers going off create a popping sound.  Maybe it happened far away and thats why I saw it in the sky rather than sparks going off around me and didnt hear any sounds?

• Like 1