• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2019-20 New England Snow

Kevin W

A little late to update after the past event due to a Macbook battery replacement (I keep all of my snow info in a spreadsheet), but I'm at 100.5". I guess that puts me in the century club! :thumbsup: 

Depth is ~25". 

I was at 102.8" on this day last year with just over a two foot depth as well. It's amazing how similar this winter is compared to last year. Both had a big post Thanksgiving snowstorm followed by an abundance of SWFEs. Last year was a little colder overall though, especially January, and was snowier up north relative to average. Please correct me if my memory is wrong though.  

5 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

A little late to update after the past event due to a Macbook battery replacement (I keep all of my snow info in a spreadsheet), but I'm at 100.5". I guess that puts me in the century club! :thumbsup: 

Depth is ~25". 

I was at 102.8" on this day last year with just over a two foot depth as well. It's amazing how similar this winter is compared to last year. Both had a big post Thanksgiving snowstorm followed by an abundance of SWFEs. Last year was a little colder overall though, especially January, and was snowier up north relative to average. Please correct me if my memory is wrong though.  

Wow, you are less than 50mi NW of me and have twice my totals!  The scary part is that I'm almost twice the totals of some people 50mi SE of me.      #nastygradientwinter

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, you are less than 50mi NW of me and have twice my totals!  The scary part is that I'm almost twice the totals of some people 50mi SE of me.      #nastygradientwinter

Isn’t he also 1900’ higher than you?  I think Mitch is close to 2200’ and your near the bottom of the CRV right?

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Isn’t he also 1900’ higher than you?  I think Mitch is close to 2200’ and your near the bottom of the CRV right?

Yeah, only 400' but tucked in a unique CAD elevated river valley location.  Good snow retention, nice upslope scraps off the higher hills but also subject to the "valley downslope" doldrums in certain coastal storms with a full East fetch of precipitation.

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

Isn’t he also 1900’ higher than you?  I think Mitch is close to 2200’ and you're near the bottom of the CRV right?

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, only 400' but tucked in a unique CAD elevated river valley location.  Good snow retention, nice upslope scraps off the higher hills but also subject to the "valley downslope" doldrums in certain coastal storms with a full East fetch of precipitation.

I’d still argue that’s an absolutely insurmountable elevation difference for any sort of apples to apples comparison though, unless you guys have a record of similar annual snowfall in the past or something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.Spin said:

I’d still argue that’s an absolutely insurmountable elevation difference for any sort of apples to apples comparison though, unless you guys have a record of similar annual snowfall in the past or something.

That was sort of what I was thinking. The other thought I had was maybe there is a standard correlation.  If there was, I’d think it would almost a 2-1 ratio anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kevin W said:

Thanks man. Everything seems to be just fine. It was painless.

Great! And note that you may need to update the link in your AmWx signature if you want that to go specifically to the snow page – I just clicked on it and it goes to the main page now instead of the snow section due to the change.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...