Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2019-20 New England Snow

Kevin W

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You live below sea level in a concrete jungle. He lives at 2200’ in VT with nothing but trees and bodies. Big difference 

The DIT speaks truth Anthony. The southern part of the borough has not been able to match that since, what is now Brooklyn was awash in melt water from the glacier that was  parked in, what is now Prospect Park. As always ....

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 6:58 PM, Dr. Dews said:

the back half of winter is well underway

Midpoint of the heating season (HDDs) at my place comes on Jan. 21.  That's also our coldest day on average, so we're 2 days into the long climb to summer.  The snowfall season lags a bit behind - on average 56% of season's snow falls Jan. 24 and later. 

8.5" while I was on vacation, and another 5.5" when I got back puts me at 40.3" for the season now.

Yet another Portlander with more snow than the "snowy" foothills, and I'm becoming less and less confident about this weekend changing that.  :P

17 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Midpoint of the heating season (HDDs) at my place comes on Jan. 21.  That's also our coldest day on average, so we're 2 days into the long climb to summer.  The snowfall season lags a bit behind - on average 56% of season's snow falls Jan. 24 and later. 

8.5" while I was on vacation, and another 5.5" when I got back puts me at 40.3" for the season now.

Yet another Portlander with more snow than the "snowy" foothills, and I'm becoming less and less confident about this weekend changing that.  :P

Kind of a weird year with a gap between the N MA/S NH higher zone that barely extends into PWM and the mountains. Climo says that fills in over the next two months.