Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019-20 New England Snow

Kevin W

5 hours ago, MetHerb said:

FWIW, I keep my weather record 7A to 7A so snowfall I what I have listed for 12/2 for example would have been snow that fell between 12/1 at 7A and 12/2 at 7A.  So, I have an entry of 1.5" on 12/4 that fell mostly on the 3rd but after 7A so my storm total was 15", not 13.5".  Sorry if I'm confusing the record.  My season total is right it's just the dates might be slightly different from others.

My 7A-7A measurements are for cocorahs, while I've been doing obs at 9P since moving to Fort Kent on 1/1/76 and wish to keep that data as uncorrupted as feasible.  For the snow table, I pick the snowiest and/or most impactful date of a multi-day event to add to my record.  That retains the depth of entire storms.  Last April is illustrative:  For my 9P obs on 4/8 I recorded 3.5" with 0.2" falling soon afterwards.  Then came 3" in 2 hours the evening of the 9th with another 0.5" coming after 9P.  My daily records show 3.5" for the 8th, 3.2" for the 9th, 0.5" for the 10th, while my entries into the snow table show storm #1 at 3.7", labeled as on the 8th, and storm #2's 3.5" called the 9th.  May seem more complex than necessary but it works for me.

Edit:  Just read Kevin's "combining" post (after posting the above, of course.)  Since that's how my entries are made, such combining should not be needed.

9 hours ago, Kevin W said:

Understood. It's not a big deal, really. The storm page was just something I thought I would add to give a quick, and neat indication of storm totals. Like you said,  your season total is correct, and every entry in the All Records page remains as well. You're not confusing anything.

Would it be a problem adding a few more years so we can add totals from seasons prior to whatever you have there (2010-11 I think?). My first season with data here was 06-07.

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

Would it be a problem adding a few more years so we can add totals from seasons prior to whatever you have there (2010-11 I think?). My first season with data here was 06-07.

Not a problem at all. I have data going back to 2007-08. I'll work on this a little later today and let you know when I'm done.

You can now add events or totals from 2006-07 onward. 

I will add the season pages for those years, and add my data, when I get to work. (I have events from 2007-08 until present)

Also, I know there are some with event data that goes way back. If you want it added, but don't want to enter all the records, if you send me a spreadsheet in the following format, I can get it in quickly:

snow input.PNG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

not to sound picky, but can the ranking for the snow total table be added? thanks,.

I thought of that, and I'm sure it can be done, but it's not something I know how to do off the top of my head. I would love to know how, so I'm going to look into it.

If there are any SQL wizards here, the following is the query that gets the result for the home page table:

SELECT user_names.user_name,city.city,state.state,SUM(events_full.amount) AS total
FROM user_names,city,state,events_full
WHERE user_names.user_id=events_full.user_id 
AND city.city_id=events_full.city_id 
AND state.state_id=events_full.state_id 
AND events_full.season_id=13
AND amount > 0
Group By user_names.user_name