Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019-20 New England Snow

Kevin W

4 hours ago, Kevin W said:

You can now do some serious filtering on the Events Entries page. (narrow down events by member/season, for example)

I have been fine tuning a bunch of stuff there this morning.
If anybody has any problems, or questions, feel free to let me know.

I think something might be up from the tweaking – I was entering data for today’s event and after it posted to the table it came up with no name in the entry.  I deleted it after noticing this issue, and upon further investigation I noticed that there was no place in the entry form to put the date.  Also, when I’m logged in and go to my entries, it doesn’t show just my entries, it seems to show them all.  I figured I’d pass it along if you’re doing some troubleshooting.

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

want to build a snow table. Are there some instructions/guidelines around? How far off ground, how big, how close to house/trees, etc?

Pretty simple, just get a 2' x 2'(or similar size) white board. Some attach a a measuring pole to the snow board, Dryslot/Jspin I think have one.  PF has one at Stowe and some other resorts do as well.

https://www.weather.gov/media/ffc/snow_measurement_guidelines.pdf

https://www.cocorahs.org/Content.aspx?page=MeasureSnow#equip

7 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Pretty simple, just get a 2' x 2'(or similar size) white board. Some attach a a measuring pole to the snow board, Dryslot/Jspin I think have one.  PF has one at Stowe and some other resorts do as well.

https://www.weather.gov/media/ffc/snow_measurement_guidelines.pdf

https://www.cocorahs.org/Content.aspx?page=MeasureSnow#equip

great, thanks.

1 hour ago, J.Spin said:

I think something might be up from the tweaking – I was entering data for today’s event and after it posted to the table it came up with no name in the entry.  I deleted it after noticing this issue, and upon further investigation I noticed that there was no place in the entry form to put the date.  Also, when I’m logged in and go to my entries, it doesn’t show just my entries, it seems to show them all.  I figured I’d pass it along if you’re doing some troubleshooting.

Thank you sir. It should be ok now.

I definitely concur with Dendrite’s comment – having a snow “table” (i.e. elevated snowboard) is great for convenience in measuring, can be helpful in catching accumulations in marginal events, etc., but they are certainly more susceptible to the wind.  If you set up an elevated system, just make sure you have it backed up with ground boards as well.  Even in my sheltered location, I always have my elevated board backed up with at least one ground-based board to ensure I’ll be able to get a good reading no matter what.

13 hours ago, J.Spin said:

I definitely concur with Dendrite’s comment – having a snow “table” (i.e. elevated snowboard) is great for convenience in measuring, can be helpful in catching accumulations in marginal events, etc., but they are certainly more susceptible to the wind.  If you set up an elevated system, just make sure you have it backed up with ground boards as well.  Even in my sheltered location, I always have my elevated board backed up with at least one ground-based board to ensure I’ll be able to get a good reading no matter what.

An elevated board is not ideal in windy conditions but is effective when there is no wind, The ground board works well in most all conditions except extremely windy conditions which we see here being close to the coast that you have to take 6 measurements at times to avg it out.

You can now see a running total on the Your Records page. If you filter your records by season, it will give you the total for that season. I also added the ability to print these records. Unfortunately, the total does not appear for printing. I'm going to contact the vendor of the plugin I use for these tables and see what can be done about that.
Also, in order to make the running total work, I had to change the data input type to float, for your Amount entries. As a result, it may be little tricky entering them, but it's easy to figure it out. If the Amount field comes up as 0.00 for you, don't try to enter a decimal. It will cooperate with you. If you want to enter 1.5", you simply type 150. The decimal is set to 2 places automatically. 12", you would enter 1200. A quarter inch, you enter 25. You'll see what I mean. (if you even see it at all. I just tested this on my phone and tablet, and seem to be getting different behavior with the amount entry.) I'll work on this as well.

1 hour ago, J.Spin said:

Hi Kevin, it looks like there might be some sort of issue with the “season” field?  No options come up in the pull down menu for that field, and I can't seem to make a new entry without something entered there?

I don't know what I would do without you ;)

Was playing around with a lot of stuff there today. I should have checked that.

Thanks a bunch! It's all set now.