• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019-20 New England Snow

Kevin W

Hi guys. It's early, but I'm in "testing" mode because I have ditched the old way of doing this, in favor of a more modern way. I would like to get any problems ironed out before the start of the season.

Also, I add members manually. You do not need to register and I do not need your email address, even if you change your password. But you need to send me a PM to get initial login info. (if you haven't already)

New England Snow

As you can see, I have changed over to WordPress. (I was forced to because of outdated code I was using before) This works better on mobiles and tablets than it did before, including entering and editing your entries. To this point, I’ve done the best I can on the display of these pages, for phones, tablets, and PCs, for now.
In the past, there was a link on the main page, taking you to events by members who add events. This involved making a page for every member, for every season. This will no longer be the case, because events can now be filtered by member and/or season. (saving me a ton of work)
There was also a “Storms” page which took you to individual storm amounts by member. I plan on bringing that back at some point, but only for the more notable storms.
When transferring all the data to the new system, all double quotes and commas were removed in the Note field. (5″ is now 5, for example) You can edit those back in, if you wish.
When adding an entry, for the Event? field, select “Yes” if your entry is for an event. If you are simply changing your season total, just choose “No” in the dropdown. Events are just that…individual entries….from flurries, to blizzard
totals.
Over the years, a lot of members Usernames at American Weather have been changed, including mine. Each username here has its own ID. While it’s not important, if you want to filter/view/add/edit all your records under one name (your current one), I need to know if you have changed yours in the past so that I can change your old records to your current username. I have already updated the records for myself, Damage in Tolland and Ginx snewx, so that the old name(s) entries show up under one User ID, and one (current) username. I know there are more, so if it’s important to you, let me know. The entries under your old name are still there, but they won’t show up under your current ID (name) when filtering records, or to add/edit them.
You need to be logged in to add/edit your entries. (which you can do, once you get your login info) Please send me a PM for your initial login info. (You can then generate a new password, or simply type in a new one)
For those who do not wish to do their own entries, as in the past, I can still do that for you.
With all the changes, there was a lot I had to do with my old database tables to make this work correctly, and efficiently. Because of that, there may be some mistakes that I’m unaware of (some were already pointed out to me, and corrected, like incorrect member locations, for example)
Please check to see that I have your location and state correct (for new, as well as old entries) as there still may be issues with that.
Everything here is backed up. I’d like to allow testing by logged in members. Feel free to add/edit entries, to see how it goes, and so that I can discover, and correct, any problems that may arise. When I see that everything is as it should be, I’ll reset it to the backed up data before the season starts. (So until then, don’t bother making any changes you want to keep)
I will check the thread at the forums for any questions you may have.

10 hours ago, tamarack said:

Thanks for your work in setting up this fun site once again.  Will we need new usernames and passwords, or will the ones from last year still work?

You need new login info, which I just sent to you.

(sorry about the delayed reply. Not getting notifications from here)

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Thanks Kevin. I will PM you.  Much appreciated 

All set.

I haven't done anything with this since the summer. This morning, I found I couldn't log in. :blink:

For anybody who has login information, and who may have tried to login since the summer, and found it doesn't work, I have fixed it. Somehow, a table was dropped from the database. It should work now.
For anybody who does not have login information, (last year's will no longer work in the new system) let me know and I will send it to you.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:54 PM, Kevin W said:

Hi guys. It's early, but I'm in "testing" mode because I have ditched the old way of doing this, in favor of a more modern way. I would like to get any problems ironed out before the start of the season.

Also, I add members manually. You do not need to register and I do not need your email address, even if you change your password. But you need to send me a PM to get initial login info. (if you haven't already)

New England Snow

Hey Kev -

Haven't logged in yet. Can you get me an account? Gotta prepare for my race with JSpin. :D

Thanks!

Alex

On 10/16/2019 at 2:44 AM, Kevin W said:

All set.

I haven't done anything with this since the summer. This morning, I found I couldn't log in. :blink:

For anybody who has login information, and who may have tried to login since the summer, and found it doesn't work, I have fixed it. Somehow, a table was dropped from the database. It should work now.
For anybody who does not have login information, (last year's will no longer work in the new system) let me know and I will send it to you.

If last years will not work, can I have the new credentials. Thanks again 

• 2 weeks later...

J.Spin kicks off the 2019-20 season. :thumbsup:

A reminder for those who manage their totals:  you need new login info for this new system, if you have not done so already.

Let me know here, or by private message and I will send it to you. Looks like winter is going to start early this year.

awx season kickoff.PNG

2 hours ago, Kevin W said:

J.Spin kicks off the 2019-20 season. :thumbsup:

A reminder for those who manage their totals:  you need new login info for this new system, if you have not done so already.

Let me know here, or by private message and I will send it to you. Looks like winter is going to start early this year.

awx season kickoff.PNG

SNE might actually run ahead of JSPin for about 48 hours this season.  Of course, that's still in question.

14 minutes ago, MarkO said:

How do new members sign in?

There is no reason to sign in, unless you are entering your own records. To do that, a member would need to go to the "Your Records" link, where they would see their records, and can add/edit/delete records.

I add members manually. There is no way to register. If you want to be part of it, I need to know.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:54 PM, Kevin W said:

New England Snow

Hi Kevin I am in again thanks