• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

19 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Windy and heavy graupel from Old fort to Asheville about 30 mins ago. Flurries to light snow in Downtown Asheville at Harrahs Cherokee Center 

Socon tourney eh? I got free tickets for Monday's Men's Final. Perks of being with the city. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

The accumulating snow is over, just left with flurries now. Looks to be a couple of inches. Cold, 21.4 with a stiff breeze.

Was that our last shot? Could be. All I know is thank God daylight saving time is back.

The way the next few weeks look like it could be our last shot but I think we may have 1 or 2 more to go really. Can't rule out April. 

• Like 1

Kinda disappointing up here on Beech. Basically wrapped up about the time I got up here around 7:30. Thought we would pick up some accumulation overnight.  Grauple coming through Boone. So it goes with NWF. 

Probably about done for the winter although I’m sure one or two more little events are likely for the highest elevations. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Met1985 said:

The way the next few weeks look like it could be our last shot but I think we may have 1 or 2 more to go really. Can't rule out April. 

My faulty memory recalls quite a few years where the teleconnections get ripe for cold and snow around the beginning of March, of course missing the heart of winter, but at least shots of NWFS continuing to mid-April.  Teleconnections are not favorable this year but yes, April is always in play for at least a brief cold shot with some snow.  Don't forget Mt. Pisgah in May of 1992:snowing:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WeatherHawk said:

I think one more snow, hopefully a big one before we call 'Spring-time'...

It's going to be tough even for the higher elevations. AVL doesn't get out below 40 (even the overnight lows) for the foreseeable forecast and temps have by far and away been our biggest issue this winter even in January, let alone March and April. I say stick a fork in this one, it's springtime for the south.