• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

Might have to hit some delayed harvest streams. I need a serious gear upgrade and have to get on it soon.
I'm with you there. I need some new hip waders and to replenish my panther Martin collection. I donated about 20 spinners last season to various rocks. Maybe it's time I try a fly rod.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I'm with you there. I need some new hip waders and to replenish my panther Martin collection. I donated about 20 spinners last season to various rocks. Maybe it's time I try a fly rod.

Been fly fishing all my life. You'll donate just as many flies if not more, to various trees. Lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Been fly fishing all my life. You'll donate just as many flies if not more, to various trees. Lol.

Don't forget the underwater tree stump collection. I've donated many streamers and nymphs to the bottom of mountain streams lol.

• Like 1

Pretty close in my prediction.

Avery-Madison-Yancey-Mitchell-Swain-Haywood-Graham-
Including the cities of Banner Elk, Newland, Luck,
and Waynesville
334 PM EST Thu Mar 5 2020

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM FRIDAY TO 10 AM
EST SATURDAY ABOVE 3500 FEET...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 5
  inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Elevations above 3500 feet over the North Carolina
  mountain Counties along the Tennessee border.

* WHEN...From 1 AM Friday to 10 AM EST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions from snow and black
  ice with temperatures below freezing. The hazardous conditions
  will likely impact morning commutes. With soils already moist
  from recent rainfall, gusty winds could bring down some trees
  and power lines.
  • Like 3

So what do you guys prefer to use for trout? I fish the Cane, Toe, and Nolichucky rivers mainly and everything but muskies goes after these things. Even catfish and snakes lol. I've read that some people have even gotten muskies to hit them, but I haven't. f06db972435f489d1cc8fe1e649eb118.jpg&key=f27d3d720f311098541d9b58426604a0fcab7a43f665ede395ea4aab10f9ad65

18 minutes ago, WeatherHawk said:

Looks like its moving in-within the next 5 to 6 hours...maybe more than 4 above 4000'

Surprised there's not more chatter about this...guess everyone is ready for spring

I know I'm trying to get pumped for a 4 incher and everyone is talking about fly fishing lol.  It's all good of course.  This one looks decent (i'm selfishly focused on NW mountains) but upside potential seems a bit limited and it looks to be wrapping up quick tomorrow night.  Not sure what the ski resorts did to appease the snow gods but they get rain on the weekdays and snow and cold at the end of the week.  Pretty remarkable actually.  

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

The orientation of this event looks more like the true NWF events. The northern mountains may do better than the smokies and other areas that were racking up with the other events. 

You're right, most of the nwf events this winter have been more westerly oriented.  I'd like to see Boone get a good surprise.  Those folks have been left out so much this season. 

25 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

You're right, most of the nwf events this winter have been more westerly oriented.  I'd like to see Boone get a good surprise.  Those folks have been left out so much this season. 

With the way radar looks this could easily give us our biggest snow of the season if we don't lose too much to melting. GSP has 5" falling in Newland on their maps. 

• Like 1