• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

We are still getting hammered this morning.  It hasn't let up at all. Roads are a mess, the winds will cut right through you. Good times!

Same up here...solid snow and winds...will send out some pics in a bit...took a ride down 194 into Boone and Boone was getting a nice snow around 7:15ish...WCS closed today and I bet they will tomorrow...on the way down all the side roads were covered...and in Boone too

• Like 1

Impressed with the coverage from this event, some amount of snow on the ground along 74 from Balsam Gap to Marble, mostly in the dusting to half inch range.  Wished I was fishing the Nantahala when I drove through the gorge, picture perfect winter day with water cleared up and not running quite as high.  Trout will be biting!  

• Like 3

The latest NAM and RGEM looks to have some heavier convective type snow late tomorrow night and into Sunday morning. The GFS doesn’t look bad either. Smokies look to do decent. I’m gonna watch runs today, but may have to get a place up off ski mountain road in gatlinburg. Congrats to all who scored last night! Love seeing the posts and pics 

• Like 2

I wasnt impressed with the 12Z NAM but the GFS was much more robust with things this weekend.  There is a strong signal there and thats all that matters currently. 
The 3km nam had some big amounts, overdone I'm sure. 12km looked okay too...I'm guessing you're speaking of the 32km?

Regardless, you're absolutely right. The signal is there. That's what matters right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

The 3km nam had some big amounts, overdone I'm sure. 12km looked okay too...I'm guessing you're speaking of the 32km?

Regardless, you're absolutely right. The signal is there. That's what matters right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah the 32km. Im not worried though just like last night. The signal was there and it delivered. 

• Like 1

I’m kinda surprised by how quickly it’s melting. I’m judging it based on the banner elk cam on hwy 184.  This is over 4,000 feet and you can see the ground in that filed there that was covered this morning. Sun does wonders even if well below freezing. 

It's currently 24.1° here and I've lost about half an inch if snow today.  As dry as the air is I'm sure it's sublimating. 

• Like 1