• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

Interesting drive to Marion from Asheville. Maybe .5 in Asheville/Black Mountain. On top of Old Fort mtn there was maybe 1 to 1.5 and the road was getting a bit slick in places. Back to Old Fort there was a solid dusting that tapered to a light dusting in Marion. Light snow falling and 32.7 at the house 

6 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Pretty good bust as far as the models go in the SW mountains..I drove through Cherokee , Clay, Graham, and Swain Counties..saw maybe a 1/8" above 3000 ft..got to give credit to GSP for keeping this toned down pretty well..back edge has made it to Chattanooga..winding down soon

I think what went wrong was we had a due west to east orientation of moisture.  A true sw to NE flow would have been better.  Then then mtns could have enhanced the totals.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

We got really good rates for about 2 hours and got about an inch on cars and elevated surfaces.  Temps and rates just didn't cooperate.  Probably would have been at 6 inches easily if we would have been below freezing.  Oh well, on to the next one...

Yep. We ended up with about 1.75”

Haven't actually measured here, but looks close to a half inch. A little disappointing, but expectations were low, and with this winter...anything is nice. I'm just glad it finally stuck enough to get the trees/ground white. My seed order came in the mail, so I'm planning for the vegetable garden this weekend...I figure once I start doing that, we'll end up with the late season cold snap. ;) 

Hope everyone enjoyed what they got! 

6 minutes ago, MountainOctopus said:

Haven't actually measured here, but looks close to a half inch. A little disappointing, but expectations were low, and with this winter...anything is nice. I'm just glad it finally stuck enough to get the trees/ground white. My seed order came in the mail, so I'm planning for the vegetable garden this weekend...I figure once I start doing that, we'll end up with the late season cold snap. ;) 

Hope everyone enjoyed what they got! 

Was hoping to get enough to try out the new tube but unfortunately we did not.

Just now, Tyler Penland said:

Guys it took til almost March but I finally have MEASURABLE snow in my yard.

I don't lol but glad some got their best snow of the season. We had more back in January. Looks like a possible robust NWFS later next week followed by a cold blast and possible piece of energy diving down with the trough.  Interesting times ahead

• Like 2