• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

Anyone not feeling optimistic should look at Knoxville radar. Could be a good afternoon. 

Think this will be elevation dependent. Above 3k could do well like always but lower elevations are going to struggle with the warm surface. Its been snowing moderately for the past hour in Asheville but not sticking at all. The temperature isn't falling much either, 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Think this will be elevation dependent. Above 3k could do well like always but lower elevations are going to struggle with the warm surface. Its been snowing moderately for the past hour in Asheville but not sticking at all. The temperature isn't falling much either, 

Look outside now lol

Morning guys, just wanted to say a couple things. Think this is going to be a decent event for some of you. It seems like some are apprehensive. Anyone closer to the 85 corridor has the right to be. If you’re up in the Mnts try to take emotions out of what you are or are not seeing. Use technology and synoptics. If your not the best model reader lean on GSP’s AFD’s they are a wealth of knowledge and have pretty much everything that’s been happening in print with the reasons why. With all the micro climates up there you’re going to have the usual over & under achievers. But don’t rush to judgment based on emotion. Use the tools at hand to understand what’s happening and why. Sorry for the rant & I hope all of you overachieve!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, longtime lurker—can't read maps to save my life yet, so I'll probably mostly stay that way for a bit longer 'til I get a little more educated. Just wanted to share an obs for northern Transylvania—it was mostly a rain/snow mix since 10:00 a.m., changed over to all snow in the last 30 minutes. Coming down at quite a steady clip, hopefully it will start sticking soon and we can squeeze two or three inches out of it. 

I've greatly appreciated everyone's valuable insights over the years, it's tough to fight the temptation to refresh over and over again when you guys are tracking snow. 

1 minute ago, MountainOctopus said:

Hello, longtime lurker—can't read maps to save my life yet, so I'll probably mostly stay that way for a bit longer 'til I get a little more educated. Just wanted to share an obs for northern Transylvania—it was mostly a rain/snow mix since 10:00 a.m., changed over to all snow in the last 30 minutes. Coming down at quite a steady clip, hopefully it will start sticking soon and we can squeeze two or three inches out of it. 

I've greatly appreciated everyone's valuable insights over the years, it's tough to fight the temptation to refresh over and over again when you guys are tracking snow. 

I’m in lake toxaway and it’s been all snow science 9:00. Currently 33 and hammering. Got about a half and inch. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

GSP just released a lengthy updated discussion which is worth reading. For what it's worth they've increased the foretasted snow amount imby from 2-4 inches to 3-5.

Basically, as has been noted, the heaviest precipitation hasn't arrived yet.

Winter storm warning maybe?