• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Our heaviest rates will be from around noon to 3. It should be flate out putting it down then. The onset for most will be from 8 to 10 am tomorrow morning.  Lingering snow showers should persist through the evening hours especially along the boarder counties especially as the cold air bleeds in 

Yeah, the models show 1-2" per hour rates during that time. The 18z gfs was a nice improvement over the 12z.

• Like 1

Just now, franklin NCwx said:

Not sure what to make of gsp anymore. 

Although,  the heavy cloud cover here is very concerning,  especially since it's still 50 degrees!

Meh you may mix very early but tonight things will really cool off a lot. You know we are usually warm before a good snowstorm.  I even saw some blue sky today.

• Like 1

Just now, Met1985 said:

Meh you may mix very early but tonight things will really cool off a lot. You know we are usually warm before a good snowstorm.  I even saw some blue sky today.

We had peeks of sun this afternoon but it has gotten thick now. When I left Bryson this afternoon it looked clear over towards Cherokee and balsam gap.

• Like 2

Just now, wncsnow said:

Anyone who went with 3 to 6 totals may be eating crow if the new hi Res Nam is correct 

Ill be eating it lol but its one model run. You cant live and dye by just one model like a lot of people were doing with the EURO this week. If things keep drying up on the models through the night then that will say more to me than currently. 

Just now, Met1985 said:

Ill be eating it lol but its one model run. You cant live and dye by just one model like a lot of people were doing with the EURO this week. If things keep drying up on the models through the night then that will say more to me than currently. 

I know you cant but the fact that the NAM and SREF went down significantly right before game time is not a good sign