• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

6 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Jason Boyer says forget about the nam, it ain't happening...because, you know...it's Jason Boyer.  He doesn't like snow...he's told me as much. I'd like to know his reasoning behind that, but gave none. 

Poor Jason...he hardly ever gets it right and gets hammered on social media regularly. 

11 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Poor Jason...he hardly ever gets it right and gets hammered on social media regularly. 

Dude, he gets dragged on social media.  Kinda feel bad to see it because he's a really nice guy personally.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked him on facebook if WLOS needed us to set up a GoFundMe for better forecasting equipment.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Buckethead said:

Dude, he gets dragged on social media.  Kinda feel bad to see it because he's a really nice guy personally.

A couple of weeks ago someone asked him if WLOS needed us to set up a GoFundMe for better forecasting equipment.  

That last line made me lol literally 

9 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Most 12z EPS members see some form of accumulating snowfall at KAVL. That’s an increase from this morning. Euro is slowly trying to come around. Will be interesting to see the 18z and 0z.

His graphic included the euro, gfs and nam.  It showed .3" on the euro for KAVL...wasn't that the 0z run?  Did he not even look at 12z?

4 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

His graphic included the euro, gfs and nam.  It showed .3" on the euro for KAVL...wasn't that the 0z run?  Did he not even look at 12z?

I have butted heads with him before on social media. One storm in 2014 he called for a half an inch in Marion and we had 2 inches by the time he put out the graphic. Forecasting on social media isn't easy by no means but he has a way of rubbing people the wrong way at times. Brad P too. 

19 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I have butted heads with him before on social media. One storm in 2014 he called for a half an inch in Marion and we had 2 inches by the time he put out the graphic. Forecasting on social media isn't easy by no means but he has a way of rubbing people the wrong way at times. Brad P too. 

Boy do I wish Bob Caldwell had social media when he was forecasting. :D

• Haha 1