• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

Back home. Looks like I missed a wild week last week. Rain, floods, rain, southern snow, tornadoes and severe storms in SC, rain, and got home in the rain. I've had over 7 inches of rain in the last 10 days. That's very uncommon here anytime of the year.

A little chilly in California but I don't think I saw a cloud the last 6 days we were there. First time in the Monterey area. Very pretty place.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

Back home. Looks like I missed a wild week last week. Rain, floods, rain, southern snow, tornadoes and severe storms in SC, rain, and got home in the rain. I've had over 7 inches of rain in the last 10 days. That's very uncommon here anytime of the year.

A little chilly in California but I don't think I saw a cloud the last 6 days we were there. First time in the Monterey area. Very pretty place.

Fun fact, Monterey is about the same latitude as Asheville (per Google Monterey is 0.005 deg North of Asheville).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

The what?  It's pouring here.

11 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

how are you so lucky? Just started raining again lol.

In other news I've booked a cruise on March 7th, that might be my next chance to actually have a non rain day, or at least something somewhat decent.

Dang well that sucks. Yeah we have sun and clouds here in Haywood. Current temp is 58 degrees. 

6 hours ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Also, interesting fact that Hot Springs is a lower elevation than Marion, over in McDowell county. 

A lot of folks also don't realize that Hendersonville is actually higher in elevation than Asheville, Sylva, Marshall, Bryson City and Cherokee and we tend to not associate it as much with it's relative elevation like we do the others.

6 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

A lot of folks also don't realize that Hendersonville is actually higher in elevation than Asheville, Sylva, Marshall, Bryson City and Cherokee and we tend to not associate it as much with it's relative elevation like we do the others.

That’s very true!

11 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Yeah, Bryson is only about 1500'