• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

27 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yeah, temp down here were 37/38 and it stuck just fine, some places got 2-3” with BL temps in the upper 30s! We got to keep a wary eye out on that high , mid Feb sun angle!:scooter:

Agreed. All we really need is a 64dbz supercell to pop and backbuild for an hour and a half and we should be money for an inch or two

2 hours ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Looks like the most western foothills would be snow per 12Z Euro. 

image.thumb.png.5a2f4907506416513e70144c9fc6c1c4.png

image.thumb.png.68a224afdf14a2b55d6de541e0aa8607.png

Wow, right on the 0 line for me. The 925 always seems to be a bigger issue than the 850. What elevation is 925 is 925? 

Wouldn't take much to get 85 and North into the game for the upstate. Need this to keep ticking just  bit colder.

3 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Wow, right on the 0 line for me. The 925 always seems to be a bigger issue than the 850. What elevation is 925 is 925? 

Wouldn't take much to get 85 and North into the game for the upstate. Need this to keep ticking just  bit colder.

I’m chasing to the mountains! When is this clipper supposed to peak? Sat day/ night or what?

13 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

925= 2500'

57 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:
Finall, I jackpot!:blink:

I'm a little lost on why neither Greenville or Blacksburg has issued a flood watch. Not like the models haven't been showing the potential for days now or anything. FFC put theirs out yesterday.

GSP said in their afternoon disco that they were waiting at least another forecast period before issuing one. Can't say that I see any reason for it though. 

11 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Maybe a dumb question but I’ll ask it anyway. If 925’s are above freezing but you’re location is above 2500 feet, is it even an issue?

No. And my house is right at 2500' and I really only look at 850 temps. If we have a system with decent rates as long as the column is below freezing from 850 up 9 times out of 10nit will be snow. Now if we're talking a weak event its probably a mix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1