• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

1 minute ago, franklin NCwx said:

11-12 was a crappy winter along with this one so far. Those are the only bad winters since the winter of 09. 08-09 was a horrendous winter here. We even missed on that March upper level low.

That March upper low was so painful here. Morganton had 4-6 inches and Shelby more than that. We didn't even get an inch due to downsloping. We got very little snow in 2012/13 too.

3 hours ago, wncsnow said:

That March upper low was so painful here. Morganton had 4-6 inches and Shelby more than that. We didn't even get an inch due to downsloping. We got very little snow in 2012/13 too.

Ah, March '09.  Had an 8-12" forecast and got dry slotted. (I was in Columbia) That was the first time I saw a meteorologist cry live on screen over a blown forecast.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

One of the few times I jackpotted! 8” of paste! Thunder snow, after about 12-14 hours of rain and thunderstorms 

Yeah..that one had 20” potential here..can’t complain though..now I would be happy if a SREF plume threw me a quarter inch 

Honestly, I think since 2010, this has been one of my better decades for winter storms. Two 12" events, several 6"+ events, first white christmas. Anyone who thinks these last few winters have been bad didnt live through 1988-1989 until March 1993 around here. 
BullCity (AKA QueenCity), I'm pretty confident this has been your only decade since 2010, so I don't think anyone can argue with your statement.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, BhamParker said:

I am extremely nervous being on the western edge of the precip. Hoping Haywood county will do okay, but it sure would be nice for things to trend further west as we get closer to verification. We should be rolling into town around 3 tomorrow!

Looks to be hugging CAD areas and Haywood is not the place to see a good CAD setup. Just my gut, but I doubt this trends west.