• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

39 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Coming down at a pretty good clip in the tynecastle area. Roads were covered again. Actually a decent rate here in foscoe too at the moment. Little grains though vs the gorgeous flakes we saw most of the day.

Well at least you have something. Been in High Point and just got back to Boone about 10 minutes ago with clear skies just a few minutes away. Nice to see some snow on the ground though 

Models are really backing off on the weekend snow threat it seems. I guess we have time to turn it around, but it was looking like a nice event for the higher elevations at 00z yesterday and ever since then it’s just kinda crapped out. Still some ensemble support from the EPS, but most are very very light. Do these type of events for higher elevations, sometimes not show up as well on the model output or get better close to time?

I noticed with this last system yesterday and overnight, the models were not spitting out any snowfall accumulations to really speak of and places still reached up 1-3 inches in spots. 

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Yeah, it apparently never stopped snowing here. Didnt amount to much overnight, just another quarter inch or so..2.5" total. Currently sitting at 4.7°.

I spoke too soon.  We had a burst of moderate snow and I'm over 3" for the event now.  This fluffy stuff adds up quick.  Back down to flurries now and I can see blue sky to the southeast.

• Like 5

Still coming down decent on the TN line in elk park. Little over an inch of powder on the parking lot. Little more in the grass. Nice event.
Yeah, I misspoke. It stopped at my office, which is 3 miles from my house at the rear entrance to the neighborhood. It's still snowing pretty good up at the house, which is about half a mile from the state line.

It's almost clear down here...weird...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cold air aloft said:

Maggie Valley usually doesn't do well with a pure NW flow event, but this event seemed to have more of a due north to south orientation which helped us to cash in. Nice to finally have it look and feel like Winter.

True about north to south, the radar showed that because normally Buncombe County will get a dusting to an inch in a NW flow but looking at it last night it was north to south. :snowwindow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Yeah, I misspoke. It stopped at my office, which is 3 miles from my house at the rear entrance to the neighborhood. It's still snowing pretty good up at the house, which is about half a mile from the state line.

It's almost clear down here...weird...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Saw your video on the WLOS noon news; very nice:clap: