• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

7 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

What's the difference between a "Pro forecaster" and a "Meteorologist" as labeled on this board?

I'm  not sure Joe. Apparently no one else does either, hence no replies. I think there is a semi-pro league and a Q school you can enter if you pay the entry fee.

Btw, I think you're one of the best posters on the internet and I appreciate what you do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

I'm  not sure Joe. Apparently no one else does either, hence no replies. I think there is a semi-pro league and a Q school you can enter if you pay the entry fee.

Btw, I think you're one of the best posters on the internet and I appreciate what you do.

Ill get thos sorted out for you today Joe lol.

• Like 1

Even down at my office on Bald Mtn. Rd there's about the same amount.

Makes me wonder what that moisture-starved piece of energy might be able to wring out as it passes to the SW tonight. Maybe the SW mountain folks can get a little something as well. ccbf747f6e5dc17c2902a0c8b7fd1c9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

16 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

What's the difference between a "Pro forecaster" and a "Meteorologist" as labeled on this board?

My understanding from years back is that a Meteorologist is someone who has a college degree in Meteorology. Pro Forecaster is someone who is, or has been, employed in the weather forecasting industry, but doesn’t have the Meteorology degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That flow from the ULL really creating some lift in the upper atmosphere. Models didn’t pick this up well at all. ICON was showing precip for tomorrow AM around Franklin and Highlands so I expect that to come to fruition as the ULL gets closer. Could have a surprise inch for many in the area.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah you can tell this is just really hitting the most favored areas. I talked to a friend in Candler who was like what snow.

Yep, flurries at my house and can see the snow showers developing just to our East as the mountains don’t block the flow as good.  Above 4000’, the mountain top is snow covered.  Dusting at our house at 3350’ on our side of the county line and nothing hardly on the Jackson county side.  No accumulation below 3000’ here either.  Mid-teens at 10 am.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Yep, flurries at my house and can see the snow showers developing just to our East as the mountains don’t block the flow as good.  Above 4000’, the mountain top is snow covered.  Dusting at our house at 3350’ on our side of the county line and nothing hardly on the Jackson county side.  No accumulation below 3000’ here either.  Mid-teens at 10 am.

Sweet! Its funny Jackson hardly gets any snow in these type situations. 

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Sweet! Its funny Jackson hardly gets any snow in these type situations. 

Yea I’m jealous of your location in the county for flow-driven events.  I want to see what happens at mine when we get a miller A tracking storm, it seems like it would set up well for that especially when looking at annual precipitation maps and seeing a maxima running along the county line.  My anecdotal observations make it seem like the moisture gets ringed out here on anything other than flow snow lol.

1 minute ago, WxKnurd said:

Yea I’m jealous of your location in the county for flow-driven events.  I want to see what happens at mine when we get a miller A tracking storm, it seems like it would set up well for that especially when looking at annual precipitation maps and seeing a maxima running along the county line.  My anecdotal observations make it seem like the moisture gets ringed out here on anything other than flow snow lol.

Oh yeah we do good in flow and southern system situations but you do better with a miller A or B. The Balsams just wring out all the moisture.  You would be in heaven. Soon enough hopefully we get one storm we can all cash in on.

• Like 2