• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

29 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

How much rain are we supposed to get next week?  It could start getting bad around here if we get much more. 

Any rain is too much! Earlier in the week the TVa was releasing water from Fontana to make sure the lake could hold all the rain we are supposed to get. 

It used to be a big deal when they released but now its something they have done regularly the past few years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The mid range thread is Hilarious.  On the weather side rain, rain and more rain...

At least they stopped posting every 240+hr snow map they could find 4 times a day. It's been entertaining. And I can't tell when Mack is serious and when he's sarcastic, lol.  Maybe it's his profile pic throwing me off. 

I'm optimistic about the upcoming pattern.  I don't think it would take too much tweaking to make next week interesting.  Are the Great Lakes still unfrozen?  Asking for a friend... I'm kinda curious about this weekend too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

At least they stopped posting every 240+hr snow map they could find 4 times a day. It's been entertaining. And I can't tell when Mack is serious and when he's sarcastic, lol.  Maybe it's his profile pic throwing me off. 

I'm optimistic about the upcoming pattern.  I don't think it would take too much tweaking to make next week interesting.  Are the Great Lakes still unfrozen?  Asking for a friend... I'm kinda curious about this weekend too.  

No I think the upcoming pattern is much more favorable than the one we have currently.  Ill take that look.

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

No I think the upcoming pattern is much more favorable than the one we have currently.  Ill take that look.

x2. It looks cold and it looks active. It wouldn't take a lot to turn a 35 degree rain storm into snow in the medium range from here on out and I still think we get a big dog somewhere along the way. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sw NC weather said:

Thank God you guys are so much more sensible then they are. They live and die by every model run. But moving on I do feel as if will be tracking at least a mod event by the end of January.

We have to live and die by each mode run because we don’t get snow like you guys do.  I’m super envious of the climate in the southern apps.  NWFS is some good stuff but I get some token flurries while an hour or so north gets painted with snows! 

We have to live and die by each mode run because we don’t get snow like you guys do.  I’m super envious of the climate in the southern apps.  NWFS is some good stuff but I get some token flurries while an hour or so north gets painted with snows! 
To be fair not all of us even cash in on the nwfs. I'm quite jealous of bucket, moto and snowjoe because they all seem to do quite well. Best I've seen just south of Boone all season is a half inch at most so far.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
11 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

To be fair not all of us even cash in on the nwfs. I'm quite jealous of bucket, moto and snowjoe because they all seem to do quite well. Best I've seen just south of Boone all season is a half inch at most so far.

Pretty telling when Boone has gotten so little snow! I think even those other guys have only seen nickle events. While they would have been significant events for me they were just tease events for them.