• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

35 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Sunday we might see a MikeGold special. Elevations above 5000’ could being as snow as precip moves in. Mike used to talk about these bombing lows and how they could produce some big totals on occasion in the SW Balsams. Would be interesting to see if this happens similar to how the Euro shows.

I got a feeling I'm not quite high enough for anything, but if it happens above 5000 you better believe you guys will be seeing a video from the top of my mountain. It's 5516 at the top of the Bald.

I got a feeling I'm not quite high enough for anything, but if it happens above 5000 you better believe you guys will be seeing a video from the top of my mountain. It's 5516 at the top of the Bald.

Yeah not sure how you would fair, but the Balsams can get several inches from these type setups. Wish Mike was still around the board to give us some insight but I haven’t seen him post in a couple of years since he sold his piece of property that was at 6000’.

• Like 1

Nam3km and Euro both showing a whole lot of rain for the Blue Ridge Escarpment through Tuesday AM. Wouldn’t be surprised to see flash flooding around the area. Euro shows 2.7” for Asheville! Then we go for a record high on Christmas!

That would be 27” of snow for those counting all the inches we have missed..
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

My son hears what you do! Got a new bait caster for Christmas!

Today would be the perfect day to take him.  The solunar forecast has this as one of the best days of the month and between 12-2pm the action should be increased.  

Tomorrow says seasons best...that's the first time I've seen that on there, and I'll be driving to SC.

Screenshot_20191225-112624_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Today would be the perfect day to take him.  The solunar forecast has this as one of the best days of the month and between 12-2pm the action should be increased.  

Tomorrow says seasons best...that's the first time I've seen that on there, and I'll be driving to SC.
Screenshot_20191225-112624_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2769b82d58cea4571026de5acb7fc0ea.jpg

Got a link for that?

Use solunar forecast all the time just to check moon overhead/underfoot times and just to compare “best times” to what I see in the field.

Had a good couple hours on Fontana the other afternoon before all the rain came, ended up with like 10 bass or so and another 5 bites I missed or lost. Here’s the  best, a spot around 2 lb, also caught a smallmouth/meanmouth that same size too.  All you need is a ned rig out there and fish it parallel to steep rock banks, about guaranteed to get a bite.

D60F2BA2-8647-4A91-84DF-3B1B26D1559D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WxKnurd said:

Use solunar forecast all the time just to check moon overhead/underfoot times and just to compare “best times” to what I see in the field.

Had a good couple hours on Fontana the other afternoon before all the rain came, ended up with like 10 bass or so and another 5 bites I missed or lost. Here’s the  best, a spot around 2 lb, also caught a smallmouth/meanmouth that same size too.  All you need is a ned rig out there and fish it parallel to steep rock banks, about guaranteed to get a bite.

D60F2BA2-8647-4A91-84DF-3B1B26D1559D.jpeg

Nice looking bass.

Yeah, it's not always accurate to what I actually experience fishing, but the moon phase is just one aspect to fishing.  Barometric pressure and water levels are just as important (if not more important.)   I definitely see more deer feeding in my neighborhood around the majors and minors than other times though. 

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Nice looking bass.

Yeah, it's not always accurate to what I actually experience fishing, but the moon phase is just one aspect to fishing.  Barometric pressure and water levels are just as important (if not more important.)   I definitely see more deer feeding in my neighborhood around the majors and minors than other times though. 

Thanks. Yeah, I usually pull it for hunting reasons but I’m going fishing or hunting anytime I can no matter what that says lol.  Always a good thing to look at and see, I need to start keeping a journal and recording things like weather conditions, moon position/phase, time, etc 

Nice looking bass.

Caught nothing but good times today! Casting his new Pflugeer!
bb7396d535306609a80477f284272022.jpg7e1fa4b353d2c9b8eda2ba927eeacc45.jpg

• Like 6