• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Welcome!

Thanks! I'm in Maggie Valley and it really is hit or miss. I do remember a nwf event in the 90s that lasted like 3 days. We would have snow showers during the day then sun would come out at times but as soon as it got dark it would absolutely rip rest the night. Good times 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Als23 said:

Thanks! I'm in Maggie Valley and it really is hit or miss. I do remember a nwf event in the 90s that lasted like 3 days. We would have snow showers during the day then sun would come out at times but as soon as it got dark it would absolutely rip rest the night. Good times 

Nice! Another Haywood county fella! 

10 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Right at an inch on the ground at 7am.  Still coming down pretty good.  I thought there'd be more overnight but I'm not complaining. 

Agreed. About an inch here and the radar doesn't look real impressive. Moderate snow at 23.4 degrees and windy. Not feeling the 6 to 12 but a nice winter day shaping up.

23 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Right at an inch on the ground at 7am.  Still coming down pretty good.  I thought there'd be more overnight but I'm not complaining. 

Pretty much same here on Beech.  Our best snow is supposed to happen today.  Unfortunately my original 2-4 inch forecast might verify for us. Not happy about that.  Lol

• Like 1

Easily my best snow rates yet.  Coming down at a good clip with nickel size flakes.  Radar looks good to our north as that next batch of moisture moves south out of VA.  850s will cool throughout the day which should increase snow efficiency and we get rid of the less than ideal conditions for flake production with low level moisture. 

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Here in Crabtree/fines creek we have light to moderate snow falling.  We have about a half inch currently.  It gives it a festive look.

Iron Duff area looks about the same but just flurries/very light snow falling.  Hopping on 40 after getting gas, we’ll see what the Harmon Den/Waterville area looks like.

• Like 1

Fines Creek exit area to just past the rest area had 1-2” it looked like to me, Harmon’s Den around an inch with less and less the further on 40 you went and then basically from exit 4 to the state line There was nothing down at the interstate and you could see the snow line anywhere from 100-300’ up the mountain on either side.  Always a cool drive through the gorge.

• Like 1

sounds like you guys are doing ok.  still not quite the storm I thought we were hearing about but maybe will show up later today for you.  here in Candler it was snowing around 3 this morning and  snowed til around 9 this morning but temps never made it to freezing, about 34 is all we could muster so not very good for us but these events usually aren't even though occasionally we'll get a couple of inches out of the NW flow.  oh well maybe we'll have a gulf low to track soon, that's where we get the moisture.  :snowing:

2 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Easily my best snow rates yet.  Coming down at a good clip with nickel size flakes.  Radar looks good to our north as that next batch of moisture moves south out of VA.  850s will cool throughout the day which should increase snow efficiency and we get rid of the less than ideal conditions for flake production with low level moisture. 

Nice snow here for the past 30 minutes...I will post some pics soon