• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

54 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Looks like another round of high elevation show showers is in order late Sunday night/early Monday AM.  Locations near the TN line should expect minor accumulations.

When you're originally from Columbia, SC, there is no such thing as a minor accumulation.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Not in Dahlonega.  :)    Perhaps up to an inch in the NC mtns along the TN border above 3500 feet.

darn ;-) . but i was asking for NC because we might be up that way Sunday morning.  I had heard about a changeover Sat night, but hadn't heard about Sunday night, thought it was all out.  But i'm guessing you're talking about NW Flow not really connected to whats going through now.  Based on this we might hang around Sunday night after we get our Christmas Tree.

Glad you made me revisit my post.  I meant to say Saturday night/early Sunday for the snow showers.  Not Sunday night.  LOL.  I've got my days mixed up.  So snow showers are after midnight TONIGHT (SATURDAY NIGHT) lasting into the early day light hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SnoJoe said:

Woke up to a heavy, wind scraped dusting this morning. Windy and cold with a temp of 27.3. Looks like a boring week weather wise coming up but Thanksgiving festivities will be nice. Then I'm ready for a good snow (4+ inches). At least one or two before Christmas. 

I got another inch overnight,  but I'm with Joe.  I'm ready for a decent snowfall.

Edit:  forgot to add that light snow is still falling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Verbatim the 12z GFS is a 6-12 inch flow snow event Sunday night (Dec 1st) lasting through Monday.  Long way to go before it gets here.  EURO isn't nearly has robust but still has a multi inch event.

Yeah this upcoming time frame is interesting for multiple reasons but I like the look of what we may see the first part of December  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Verbatim the 12z GFS is a 6-12 inch flow snow event Sunday night (Dec 1st) lasting through Monday.  Long way to go before it gets here.  EURO isn't nearly has robust but still has a multi inch event.

Right on queue!  That would be a great start to meteorological winter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

Surprised nobody is talking about the mini torch tomorrow! Afterwards looks quite ripe. 

Not when GSP is saying this like this in the AFD!

"Deep moisture wrapping around the back of the low is reflected in basically all guidance, and deep cold air will be ushered into the area quickly behind the main front late on Sunday, with anticipated fetches off the Great Lakes. The details aren`t all that well-resolved, and seem to disagree especially in ensemble guidance, but the general pattern seems to be shaping up nicely for the season`s first big NW flow snow event Sunday night into Monday."

• Like 4