• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Tyler Penland

No clue on temp down here at the base but local station up on Mt Lynn Lowry (6000’+) was already showing 8 degrees about 30 minutes ago so upper teens down here for sure with flurries continuing to fly like they have all day after the front passed.  We are gonna give 10 degrees a run for the money in the morning I feel like.

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

Down to 7.6° here at 4400'.  It's surreal outside with the clouds racing by the moon and everything glowing.  I wore flip flops out there a minute ago...that was a miscalculation. 

Same here, minus the flip flops. Down to 8.7 with a stiff breeze. It's about time to slither underneath the electric blanket I've had pre-heating for the past hour.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Going below zero tonight? What is your lowest since you moved up there from columbia? 

We actually bottomed out at 6° right around 2am but since then have warmed back up to 21.6° currently.  That actually happens a good bit here.

January 2018 we got down to -9° here and had a high that day right around 0.  That was the same time period when the rivers froze over around WNC.

• Like 2

Nice day. Only got to 35.4 with full sun and no wind. Got down to 6.8 last night before inversion. Went down to 26.5 just after sunset tonight but already back up to 30.6. A decent cold front and a decent little snow for the second week of Nov. I had a urge to put up a christmas light today, but I didn't.

• Like 1

It was dead calm today, like Joe said.  Took another shot of the pond after it thawed this afternoon.  It turned into a mirror.  I love reflection pics like this...it looks even better upside down. That's not a long exposure...1/500.  (Really low resolution version) 

20191113_153940.jpg

• Like 7