• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter 2019-2020

Carvers Gap

Wonder how many forum members remember the winter of 1994? Stands out in my mind as the ice storm of record in my memory. Grandparents were without power well over two weeks in the Portland TN area - in some instances, not only did trees come down on lines but CEMC also had to reset poles and restring new line.

https://www.tennessean.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2015/02/16/nashville-then-ice-storm-of-1994/23505561/ 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Mountains yet again are taking a beating this morning. The lack of a sold soil will eventually be a real issue.

That’s definitely something to watch. There will be some additional strong winds... likely starting tomorrow afternoon.  It doesn’t look like a strong wind event at this point, but enough for some concern.  I don’t think it would take much to cause some downed trees at this point. If the LLJ trends slightly more southerly (versus SW), then the potential for higher gusts will increase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

John that was a great year, really both 2015 and 2014 for KCHA. My daughter almost forgot what it's like to have snow in town. Yeah I drove her (and myself hehe) to Calhoun, Georgia in December 2017. She really did not remember the 2014-15 snows in KCHA. And we snow ski every year. However just like us on the Board, for kids snow IMBY is something different and truly special. So, this Feb. 8 was really great in Chatty. Daddy daughter dance was the night prior. Then boom! Four inches of snow IMBY!!

• Like 6