• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter 2019-2020

Carvers Gap

Absolutely, for the whole subforum region. Preach it! 

On 1/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Need the coastal plain areas to take one for the team. Gotta have that northern stream vort the south of us and phase with the southern stream there 

North vort max first (for temps) works north of I-40 and at elevation but we know how it goes for Chattanooga. Post frontal choke job!

Agree though I am happy for others who get snow, within our subforum or even another region (NC). Maybe Super Bowl weekend.

OK 30 minutes 'till Rumble in Lawrence KS. I forgot to watch Game Day, but they probably just talked about 'the chair' and fight. Of course that won't happen today. Everyone enjoy the game! :popcorn:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

@weathertree4u we have come full circle

giphy.gif

and are now only a couple few short weeks from leaving the 1/10th of the total circle/pie (ummm pie) that constitutes our season of not summer.  

Just think, then we once again enter the never ending other season the Tn Valley  experiences;  Summer! 

Damnit man I gotta move before it’s too late.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hilton01 said:

and are now only a couple few short weeks from leaving the 1/10th of the total circle/pie (ummm pie) that constitutes our season of not summer.  

Just think, then we once again enter the never ending other season the Tn Valley  experiences;  Summer! 

Damnit man I gotta move before it’s too late.

Next year has real potential, coming off a low solar year......  if I did that (moved), it would be guaranteed the mid south would get buried to their eyeballs in snow next year.

Before y’all start a go fund me to move me out just know, I can’t be bought....  lol

• Like 3

Next year has real potential, coming off a low solar year......  if I did that (moved), it would be guaranteed the mid south would get buried to their eyeballs in snow next year.
Before y’all start a go fund me to move me out just know, I can’t be bought....  lol

Everyone has a price. Everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those folks in SW Mizzou have to feel a bit jaded...And eastern Idaho must have a high threshold.  They have been hammered this winter with massive drifts and blowing snow.  Hawaii surprises me when I first see it, but just for a sec.  Then I remember...big, tall volcano sitting all by its lonesome in the middle of a big, active ocean.  

• Like 1

Surprised SE Kentucky has never had a warning...but also the numbers don't seem to add up for NE Tennessee either. If my math is right, the last warning would have been about the first of November of 2012...I don't remember any warning that early. Does anyone remember that event?

35 minutes ago, Vol Man said:

Surprised SE Kentucky has never had a warning...but also the numbers don't seem to add up for NE Tennessee either. If my math is right, the last warning would have been about the first of November of 2012...I don't remember any warning that early. Does anyone remember that event?

I know the Smokies had blizzard conditions during Hurricane Sandy, but did they actually hoist a blizzard warning during that event?  They had 2' with high winds up top.

Agree Doke Azubuike got away with more then 5 fouls Saturday. Doke is his nickname at KU. Tennessee played a solid game. I do expect the Vols to keep improving. Defense is good when someone like Doke is not catching lobs. Of course when they are not playing Kansas I cheer for Tennessee.

Springfield MO does not like to hype blizzards. I remember out there they'd be WS warning while everyone else went blizzard warning or ice storm warning (if frozen). There is an augment for just one warning; but, specifics also help differentiate threats. Entire NWS is thinking about fewer warning categories with greater highlights of threats in text.

I'm way behind in the new Feb/March thread. Is it pretty depressing? Honestly can't believe how we find new ways to flush winter. I guess read the Climate Change subforum.

Euro weeklies are a pile of rubbish. Yeah we got cold fronts in both the 6-10 day and 11-15 day, but the West trough just keeps reloading. IO and Indonesia convection just keeps blossoming (mild signal). Weeklies are less reliable 4-6 weeks; but, I'll sadly capitulate the next 3 weeks are trash. Then by late February it takes are more robust cold anomaly to deliver.

Look for me in the severe weather thread. Might as well get started early and often!