• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter Banter 2019-2020

Carvers Gap

Forgot what cold was like.least i got to see some some snow in Chicago yesterday.We pulled in about an hr before some heavy snow started yesterday afternoon,snowed about 4 inches but the warm nose kicked in and changed it over into rain while i was sleeping.Winds are westerly now so the flakes should end soon as the trough passes by.Cold night tho wind chills of around -15 when we check out early in he morning.Son wants to get home in time to watch the titans tomorrow so i told him we'd leave early..arrrggg

• Like 3

Meanwhile, the Tennessee Valley area, specifically Knoxville, has decided to simplify things greatly, in fact by half!  From now and forevermore *** Knoxville will recognize only 2 meteorological seasons;  Summer!, and not summer. For those of you sick of not summer, worry not, for Summer! can and often does begin in as few as 4 short more weeks!

Note:

*** forevermore   meaning until it becomes necessary, because of the weather, to reinstate additional meteorological seasons, if necessary as soon as next week, (or never).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went up to the mountains this morning to see the snow. Gatlinburg had about an half inch. Drove up to Ober and they had 2-3 inches. My Jeep will climb a tree but coming back down Ski Mountain ain’t real fun. Little River Rd from Sugarland Center to Cade’s Cove was open but they closed it while I was on it and they made me turn around at Elkmont Junction. It was really pretty up there. The measurable snow was oddly scattered. Just past Gatlinburg where they had 441 closed snow was lightly on the roads, mostly because it was getting blown off before it could accumulate but you had 2 tire tracks to follow. Took a right on Little River and no more than a half mile it had hardly even snowed. Continued on and I’d go from almost nothing to the road being covered to almost nothing again. When I got to Elkmont the snow was just pukin it and I went from nothing to a couple of inches in a 1/4 mile at the most. Went back to Gatlinburg and took the bypass and to my surprise the ground was just dusted up there. The thing that absolutely blew me away from the Spur and all threw the mountains was the amount of trees that were down. I’m assuming the last couple mountain wave events has effectively taken down the trees that were killed from the fires. There was tree companies all along the spur and the bypass. Some places along the bypass was completely leveled. Went by myself so I wasn’t able to get pictures. Hopeful to go back this weekend and get tree damage pics. Never seen anything like that before.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Kansas version of the Panic Room is fighting including WWE style chair. Only a folding chair would have been a better match. But this is the Allen Field House analog, lol!

Expect the Jayhawks to be low key Saturday. Self is extremely disappointed in them for fighting. They'll play their defense and quick game, but no drama. Azubuike will still be there blocking, and shooting from the field. His free throws are still a work in progress - kind of like winter!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Need the coastal plain areas to take one for the team. Gotta have that northern stream vort the south of us and phase with the southern stream there 

Or race the northern piece through ahead of the southern stream to help with thermals.  Pretty low opportunity chance either way.  It would be nice to see someone get pasted, even if it's not in our area.... 

I know............I know............... blasphemy.  

• Like 1