• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter 2019-2020

Carvers Gap

I just read the article below on how 5G will likely interfere with weather satellites & weather models. It sounds legit, but I don't know enough about weather models or 5G technology to know if it is true or not.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/5g-is-going-to-screw-up-weather-forecasts-meteorologists?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I just read the article below on how 5G will likely interfere with weather satellites & weather models. It sounds legit, but I don't know enough about weather models or 5G technology to know if it is true or not.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/5g-is-going-to-screw-up-weather-forecasts-meteorologists?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Look at it like this.......some of these weather models can't get much worse!!! But, in all seriousness, it COULD cause the tech guys to up their game and improve the current models. Maybe???

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, John1122 said:

If the 1954 connection continues into 1955 we may be in luck. January started warm that year. Another 70 in Knoxville in the first week of the month. The second half turned cold and there was a big snow event in the 3rd week of the month. February was up and down with another decent event during the month. 

Just now read this.  Cool stuff.

TRI is now +5.3 virtually guaranteeing another AN JFM as those departures are only going to get worse for the winter season.  Yesterday's high of 74 was part of a day which featured temps +26F above normal!!!!!  The record high for all of January is 79.  Will TRI approach that in the coming weeks?  I think so.

The Dobyns-Bennett HS Marching Band will be in the Tournament of Roses Parade today.  They are 73rd in line.  Big day for the Carvers Gap family as three from our family(one of our own and two nieces/nephews) will be in Pasadena marching in that parade.  Busses left the hotel at 6:00AM and are in route to stage for the parade as I type.  ~360 band members will represent Kingsport as they wind through the parade route.  They have already marched at the BandFest event and at DisneyLand on this trip.  I have secretly been hoping for good weather this week both there and here(for travel and for marching).  Hallmark Channel usually has the best coverage.  I do hear that KTLA will have coverage of individual bands.  D-B will be on national TV when they make the big turn in front of the grandstands.  Going to be a long day marching for them as the route is like 5+ miles.  So, big day for our family and community.  Roll Tribe and Happy New Year!

• Like 7

TRI is now +5.3 virtually guaranteeing another AN JFM as those departures are only going to get worse for the winter season.  Yesterday's high of 74 was part of a day which featured temps +26F above normal!!!!!  The record high for all of January is 79.  Will TRI approach that in the coming weeks?  I think so.
Clearly, all hope is lost

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great football weekend for Tennessee! First the Gator Bowl and then the Titans win at NE. Both were white knuckle affairs.

We'll switch to Kansas for basketball, lol. Both KU and Wichita State had good wins.

Now, what about the damn winter weather? Need a win there. Yoda, may the force be with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

@Carvers Gap it saves them? Wow, thanks for looking I just assumed they got automatically deleted after a while. 

I was looking back in last year's thread and most of my gifs were unavailable. 

I wonder if giphy has a link that times out.  I could see back to last January.  How long have you had it?