• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sept 2019 Observations

yotaman

We've had some dry periods but this is definitely going to be the first chance at a full-blown aerial drought in quite some time here, unfortunately. Last few years being so wet made us spoiled in regards to being above average for precipitation. Thankfully it is in the autumn after the growing season for farmers but it is DRY. Warm again today but not as bad as yesterday. Currently 83. Bring on a real cold front please!

Pretty easy to see the ridge placement on the GFS total precip map through the end of the run. Sheesh!

Dry.png

51 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I hate to say it, but I think we need a large tropical system to hit ~ the Florida panhandle and then move NE.  

I understand the thinking but disagree with the word "large".  The runoff and flooding would be devastating.  What would be better is a 2-3 back to back small tropical waves that dump a couple inches each over weeks, not days.  My yard here in the triad is concrete.  You throw 4-8" of rain on top of that and everything runs off.  We need slow and steady.

2 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

I understand the thinking but disagree with the word "large".  The runoff and flooding would be devastating.  What would be better is a 2-3 back to back small tropical waves that dump a couple inches each over weeks, not days.  My yard here in the triad is concrete.  You throw 4-8" of rain on top of that and everything runs off.  We need slow and steady.

You're absolutely right. If we can't get anything tropical, we'll have to hope for a wet late fall/winter. Oh and some nice snows would do the job as well. :)  

33 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Imma be honest...i know the thermo says 90s, but it really doesnt feel that hot.  Its very tolerable.  Low humidity and sun angle makes a big difference.  It felt as hot to me today as it did on the mountain in Aspen last week at 9000 ft.  Sunny and 70 felt like 90 and I was sweating like crazy.

I dunno, it was feeling like mid summer today to me. 

• Like 1