Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sept 2019 Observations

yotaman

2 hours ago, Reedski said:

Dry as a bone in CAE.  Missed the line of storms that came through last Friday.  Don't even remember the last time we got a good soaking IMBY.  Welcome the cooler temps this weekend but, man, need some rain.  Nothing but sunshine on the 10 day last I checked either.  

Sounds like typical CAE weather. Hot and almost always dry. Enjoy the badly needed break from the searing heat.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, NRVwxfan. said:

Damn. Guess my cheap thermometer on the wall of the house isn't that accurate. It sure felt like 30s this morning. Gonna take some getting used to this climate zone. Nothing like Columbia SC.:lol:

You were probably about spot on. My home wx station sits at 2,700ft in a slight bowl. Optimal radiation! 

You're gonna love that first arctic cold front. Winds gusting 40 to 50mph and single digit wind chills with snow squalls. 

• Thanks 1

26th day in a row without rain. The leaves on the tree's are drying up, yellowing and dropping. Especially around here. Slightly further sound (fort mill / monroe) where I visited this weekend- not as bad as they did have a few downpours a few weeks ago but starting to dry there too. This ridge has staying power- looks like til at least 10/4

86/63 now - with just a few clouds

On 9/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, magpiemaniac said:

I’ve been a NUFC fan since Alan Shearer’s early days at the club.  It’s a miserable existence with all the underachieving.  :weep:

P.S.  Still no clouds.

You”ll miss Rafa....

Longtime supporter of Champions League winner and former Rafa team as well...LFC

and still no rain in sight

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2019/09/23/sc-gets-hotter-columbia-greenville-anderson-extreme-heat-national-weather-service-forecast/2120020001/

Behind a paywall but you can go incognito to read it. Article on SC cities heat and expected increase through mid century. Also some stats. One interesting stat, comparing CAE to USC campus downtown.  While I know CAE has seen 100, 5 times this year, the article says the NWS station at USC has reached 100, 25 times (and the record is 36 in 93 and 98)!

I see the USC reporting station from time to time and noticed it's usually hotter than CAE,  if one can imagine that. It does hold the state record of 113.