Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think you can do dual panes and get longer loops with the monthly subscription. I have hi-res dual-pol and precip, vil, etc data too. Not sure what everyone else has since I got the app years ago. Back then it was a one time $10 fee.

I'm on the Pro Tier one (9.99 a year). It's basically Level III data plus lightning and dual-pane.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

ohh...I know that :lol:

but i meant how to physically add a location.

Like Steve had a white dot that said Castle de Ginx

A friend at school also has a white marker labeled WCSU. 

Settings - > Radars and Locations -> locations -> add location

Looks like, anyway, never tried it

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

ohh...I know that :lol:

but i meant how to physically add a location.

Like Steve had a white dot that said Castle de Ginx

A friend at school also has a white marker labeled WCSU. 

Go to your menu; top left (3 bars)  then go to radars and locations.. go to locations tap, upper right.  At the bottom go to add a location.  You can put exact location in, street number, etc.  save and it will show it on the radar.  Then go back in and you can edit it to show only a symbol or a short name.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ct_yankee said:

Settings - > Radars and Locations -> locations -> add location

Looks like, anyway, never tried it

5 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Go to your menu; top left (3 bars)  then go to radars and locations.. go to locations tap, upper right.  At the bottom go to add a location.  You can put exact location in, street number, etc.  save and it will show it on the radar.  Then go back in and you can edit it to show only a symbol or a short name.

Holy crap thanks! That's awesome. How the heck did I not ever come across this

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FXWX said:

96F18D7D-93BE-4ACE-A162-FCADF70BFEE3_zps

Emojis work too!

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

For the vast majority of uses, I think so. You get the four lowest elevation scans, which is more than enough for a typical user. If you want to interrogate thunderstorms down to the exact hail size it's definitely not enough scans, but if you were on a hike or in the park and wanted to stay clear of the worst stuff it's fine for that. 

But if you are not looking mobile, Scoots' right, it's GR hands down. You can see everything we can see in the WFO. GR2 gets you level II base data (reflectivity, velocity, dual-pol), GR3 would get you the lowest four scans of those plus storm total precip stuff.

Damn, just downloaded RadarScope... bummed I can’t see the other “tilts”.  The lowest level does jack shit out of the BTV radar except look north and south in the narrow valley.  

Bummer.  Might not get much use for $10 ha.  Composite radar at least is there.  I want 1.5 and 2.5 degree scans.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Damn, just downloaded RadarScope... bummed I can’t see the other “tilts”.  The lowest level does jack shit out of the BTV radar except look north and south in the narrow valley.  

Bummer.  Might not get much use for $10 ha.  Composite radar at least is there.  I want 1.5 and 2.5 degree scans.

You can get the higher tilts. 

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Really? I have all of the tilts for a $10 initial fee only

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You have all the tilts, but it's not immediately apparent from the labeling the app uses. It says Tilt 1 or whatever, but you only see the options to change to the other tilts when you try to change the radar product, you tap tilt one and then all four tilts will come up offering a choice. Not the best UI, it's true, but it suffices for 10 bucks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ct_yankee said:

You have all the tilts, but it's not immediately apparent from the labeling the app uses. It says Tilt 1 or whatever, but you only see the options to change to the other tilts when you try to change the radar product, you tap tilt one and then all four tilts will come up offering a choice. Not the best UI, it's true, but it suffices for 10 bucks.

Newbies...

Pine tree on the other side of my neighbors yard got the top 50 feet blown off it by CG as the first batch just got to us.  I was walking back upstairs to the office with a cup of coffee and it was so loud I almost flinched the coffee on myself.  The one cat that is deaf as a post woke up from a nap on the couch and peered out the window to see what was going on.

48678121943_0cee0ca1eb_k.jpg20190904_132445 by Tom Ambros, on Flickr

• Like 1