• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 Convective Thread

weatherwiz

This is the best Storm all summer here.   Lots of wind and and lightning, with huge bangs of thunder.  Wires and trees down in town according to NBC 30.  Lol and all with no severe warning for this storm...NWS service might have missed this one...

oh they just issued it..but for where it’s heading.  Should have been warned here...It was a good one here. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Is radarscope the best in the private radar service? 

For mobile use I think it is. There is GR Analyst which basically allows you to be a NWS radar operator, but I think that’s a couple hundred bucks or so. Radar scope I think is like 11 or 12 bucks for the year. 

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Is radarscope the best in the private radar service? 

For the vast majority of uses, I think so. You get the four lowest elevation scans, which is more than enough for a typical user. If you want to interrogate thunderstorms down to the exact hail size it's definitely not enough scans, but if you were on a hike or in the park and wanted to stay clear of the worst stuff it's fine for that. 

But if you are not looking mobile, Scoots' right, it's GR hands down. You can see everything we can see in the WFO. GR2 gets you level II base data (reflectivity, velocity, dual-pol), GR3 would get you the lowest four scans of those plus storm total precip stuff.