Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2019

George BM

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

GEFS in full agreement.  After today, we roast, and practically all the way through the first week of Oct, with no end in sight at 384hr.  Pray that they are wrong.

I guess it depends on what your definition of roasting is lol. Sat-Mon look quite warm- mid to upper 80s. Looks to drop back to more normal temps for mid next week, then we will see what happens the following weekend. It will likely get quite warm again with a trough digging out west, but it looks progressive. Personally I don't mind (I actually expect) days in the low 80s in this area in mid to late September, as long as we don't have ridiculous humidity levels like last fall, and there are no signs of that. 

My concern is there is literally no chance of significant rain for yet another week, and its already abnormally dry here.

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I guess it depends on what your definition of roasting is lol. Sat-Mon look quite warm- mid to upper 80s. Looks to drop back to more normal temps for mid next week, then we will see what happens the following weekend. It will likely get quite warm again with a trough digging out west, but it looks progressive. Personally I don't mind (I actually expect) days in the low 80s in this area in mid to late September, as long as we don't have ridiculous humidity levels like last fall, and there are no signs of that. 

My concern is there is literally no chance of significant rain for yet another week, and its already abnormally dry here.

My definition of roasting is anything above 80F this time of year.  

Meh, what good does rain do us now?  I like it dry beginning this time of year.  Better for the fall colors as long as we get cool nights.

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

My definition of roasting is anything above 80F this time of year.  

Meh, what good does rain do us now?  I like it dry beginning this time of year.  Better for the fall colors as long as we get cool nights.

Normally I wouldn't care so much, although the trees are dropping lots of leaves here already so not sure the color is going to be that great. I am trying to get a new lawn established out back, and its a real battle to keep the soil moist with no rain. Been watering for multiple hours a day for 3 weeks now. 

30 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Normally I wouldn't care so much, although the trees are dropping lots of leaves here already so not sure the color is going to be that great. I am trying to get a new lawn established out back, and its a real battle to keep the soil moist with no rain. Been watering for multiple hours a day for 3 weeks now. 

I've lost about half of what I planted back in May due to the dryness.......oh well, try again next year.

30 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah, it is bad for growing grass.  

Don't see the dryness ending anytime soon.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic