Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2019

George BM

4 minutes ago, jbakerman said:

Heck of a lightning strike in Burke (towards W. Springfield) a couple of minutes ago. We all jumped in our house. Good stuff. These guys working on a driveway on my court are still outside. I don't get it...

Yeah - that was one of the bigger strikes I’ve heard in a while.

One of the best - if not the best - storms of the season here in Burke.

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Models aren't excited about and rain today. They are excited about the one thing we do best, heat. I'm sure we'll over perform and be near 100 this afternoon. Can't beat highs near 100 in the middle of September. 

The forecast for today went from 89 last night to 95 this morning.  JFC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

The good news is the GFS is once again advertising deep fall.  Just another 312 hr wait.  All hail the GFS.

It has been pretty persistent with the idea that we see a fall-like air mass to close out the month. That advertised h5 look on the 6z GEFS run towards the end- I would rather save for a few months down the road.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

High yesterday was 88 here. No rain ofc.

Forecast high today is 91.

60% chance of showers/storms tonight. lol sure.

I got caught getting off the train without an umbrella as that storm yesterday rolled through Burke. I saw the forecast for today and figured lightning (kinda literally) can't strike twice, so I didn't bother with an umbrella.

Hope to get soaked again!

56 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

All just prologue to the conga line of tropical system the 0z Euro sends our way starting late next week. Of course no real effects in the DMV, but at least we’ll get cloud cover to knock temps down. Around here, you takes what you can gets.

We'll just get dews new 80 and clouds. 

52 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Its been like that all day... not sure what those lines are all about.  Interestingly, the local TDWR radars are picking it up too... mass quantities of bugs maybe?

Started clearing out when the outflow started pushing through. Maybe you're right - either that or just airmass related due to the front. Weird look for sure.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic