Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2019

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
29 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Decent morning for the first day of fall.

64. Very comfortable.

Yes, not too bad.  Driving to get coffee seeing the leaf stress, drop off and color change has really started earlier this year. Also more spider webs, big winter incoming . B)   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, frd said:

Yes, not too bad.  Driving to get coffee seeing the leaf stress, drop off and color change has really started earlier this year. Also more spider webs, big winter incoming . B)   

Yeah its very dry. I went ahead and did my re-seeding last weekend after we got that nice rain, not a drop since. Grass is coming up but I am stuck watering for a couple hours each day now. Need effing rain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah its very dry. I went ahead and did my re-seeding last weekend after we got that nice rain, not a drop since. Grass is coming up but I am stuck watering for a couple hours each day now. Need effing rain.

The only green my fescue has is under trees and next to my flower beds, otherwise all is dry and dormant, hopefully not dead. Fungus is not longer a concern. 

Will await some rain to soften the soil and then get the areator ,  I am rather confident now the Fall will not be hot but more normal.  Some fundamental changes going on now.

Also we can hopefully cash in soon on dews at night and the continued lower sun angle and longer nights.  I am targeting mid Sept to re seed and over-seed.  

Good luck with the landscaping and re-seeding. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, frd said:

The only green my fescue has is under trees and next to my flower beds, otherwise all is dry and dormant, hopefully not dead. Fungus is not longer a concern. 

Will await some rain to soften the soil and then get the areator ,  I am rather confident now the Fall will not be hot but more normal.  Some fundamental changes going on now.

Also we can hopefully cash in soon on dews at night and the continued lower sun angle and longer nights.  I am targeting mid Sept to re seed and over-seed.  

Good luck with the landscaping and re-seeding. 

I have to get going early due to being in the middle of the woods. I will end up overseeding a bit in areas I missed, but I need the new grass to be well established before the leaves start coming down.

Ofc its mostly a futile endeavor here with the moles, competition from the trees, and the well drained soil. It's a rinse and repeat this time every year until I get sick of it again and just let nature take its course lol. Clover!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have to get going early due to being in the middle of the woods. I will end up overseeding a bit in areas I missed, but I need the new grass to be well established before the leaves start coming down.

Ofc its mostly a futile endeavor here with the moles, competition from the trees, and the well drained soil. It's a rinse and repeat this time every year until I get sick of it again and just let nature take its course lol. Clover!

Same deal in my yard. I just let the moss take over the shady areas. The soil ph is another big issue around the Beech trees. They tend to kill off competition from other plants.

18 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Same deal in my yard. I just let the moss take over the shady areas. The soil ph is another big issue around the Beech trees. They tend to kill off competition from other plants.

Me too. Love moss. One side of the yard is mostly moss, and the front and entire north side of the house is a carpet. Its only the back yard I try to keep a decent lawn, but one side gets a ton of sun and the other side barely any. I am back to Jonathan Green Black Beauty. The original stuff I put down years ago eventually burned up in the sun, but the new version is supposed to be more drought tolerant. It really does do well in the shade(as advertised). Every other fescue I have tried since has been a complete fail after one summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@frd

Since you are overseeding, maybe try the Black Beauty Ultra- supposed to be great for overseeding.

All the Black Beauty products are pricey, but there is nothing greener, and it does well in both sun and shade.

Is is available most places? I never heard of it but thats not saying much.  

Is Ultra mean it is heat and drought tolerent ? 

Thanks

Just now, frd said:

Is is available most places? I never heard of it but thats not saying much.  

Is Ultra mean it is heat and drought tolerent ? 

Thanks

The original(what I use) is probably the most drought tolerant, and best for seeding a new lawn.

https://www.jonathangreen.com/categories/grass-seed-products.html

All their products and where to buy.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic