• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2019

George BM

At the end of the day, Ravens will be tied for first place. They have a lot of fixing to do on D. Also, they have no playmakers at WR other than (little) Hollywood. He is good, but someone else needs to step up. Cleveland played with a severely banged up secondary, and played soft, and yet almost no production at WR. Maybe it was a bad game plan/failure to make adjustments, but they aren't very talented there imo, and the tight ends can't carry the passing game all the time.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like the Montana early season mega monster crippling snowstorm has been mostly a bust. Accumulations have been cut way down from earlier. Very small area with a blizzard warning, and not that much snow.  See? it doesn't only happen here.

They’ll get theirs. We won’t get ours.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

You guys know where I can get the historic Montana blizzard snow accumulation totals?

Go to Great Falls NWS page and look at the PNS.

I looked a couple hours ago and there were reports of 10-12" from Great Falls up to Cut Bank. Most reports south and east of there were 2-6"

The big totals were more isolated and up in Glacier. No surprise there. Reports of over 20" and a couple over 30.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Poor Minnesota. I said it when they signed him—Kirk Cousins ain’t the answer.

He is just shellshocked at this point.  Even in the rare cases when he does have time he looks uncomfortable with the ball.  Putting a pocket passer behind a wet paper bag of an OL was not a good idea.

That said, Washington saw today why Case wasn’t the answer either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Great Falls ended up with just under 20 inches . I saw other reports in favored areas of 30" to 4 feet jackpots.  Pretty impressive for September anywhere in the US . Would have been a nice chase.  Heavy wet pasting is always a favorite of mine :D

Problem with places like Cut Bank and Great Falls is the it came in 2 parts. I was looking at the webcams yesterday, and the snow that fell Saturday was slushy and melting yesterday when not much was happening. Might have even turned to rain for a while. Then the second part accumulated another 5-8 inches. Doubt there was more than a foot on the ground at any one time. That seems like a pretty typical event  for areas like that for late Sept/early Oct. Hell Denver can get a foot of snow easily this time of year. Glacier Nat park NW of there is another ballgame. Most of the impressive amounts were from that region.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Idk. Looks impressive to me but we will agree to disagree :lol:Great falls still got the 2nd highest 2 day total ever for any month I believe . Also the highest totals weren't at the highest peaks . They were in the eastern hills or flats very   near the eastern hills . The low  level east fetch crushed those areas . Some real impressive pics floating around too . Me....I just Want my first flakes on Halloween imby lol

Maybe last night overperformed. Didn't have a chance to look at anything today, But as of this time yesterday when I made that post,  that corridor had 8-12 per the the PNS, webcams showed wet roads and melting, and the forecast discussion was downplaying the second round for last night(2-4" for Cut Bank). The most impressive obs(verified by the webcams) were in Glacier, at around 5000 ft and up.

21 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

He is just shellshocked at this point.  Even in the rare cases when he does have time he looks uncomfortable with the ball.  Putting a pocket passer behind a wet paper bag of an OL was not a good idea.

That said, Washington saw today why Case wasn’t the answer either.

Maybe, and this is just a thought here, but would it have strained the Vikings coaching staff to just have Rudolph line up on the same side as Mack? On every play? I mean seriously, pro football players should be able to handle subtle adjustments like where the tight end is going to line up. When the coaches evaluated their OL talent, did they seriously think they could single block that guy and get by with it. It’s like thinking you’re gonna single block Lawrence Taylor. If I was Cousins I’d be shell shocked too. He never knows when he’s gonna get blasted from behind.

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe last night overperformed. Didn't have a chance to look at anything today, But as of this time yesterday when I made that post,  that corridor had 8-12 per the the PNS, webcams showed wet roads and melting, and the forecast discussion was downplaying the second round for last night(2-4" for Cut Bank). The most impressive obs(verified by the webcams) were in Glacier, at around 5000 ft and up.

Does anyone else read PNS as PEE-niss whenever someone references them?

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic