• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2019

George BM

Everything is still on track for a VERY frigid, VERY snowy winter for the entire Washington DC Metropolitan Region.

I miss northern Virginia. I am starting to think about going back up there.

This place, central Texas, it is hot as hell and it is also very toxic to left of center persons such as myself.

Our NORMAL high has just fallen back to 89. Geeze. Guess what, we are averaging well above normal as luck would have it, and will likely remain so into early November. Yuck!

This upcoming autumn bears startling resemblances to Fall 1995. 

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My Grand National loves this cool dry air . Every turbo car really :D

20190920_183520.gif

That is one wicked launch. You sure there isn't a supercharged 455 in that thing? Amazing what you can do with twin turbos on a v-6. Nitrous oxide too?

Bring your ride to the Ridgely car show in a few weeks. Its huge now, seriously. Great time. I will meet ya there.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Can't take the credit . Not mine . That's probably a 9 second car . Mine is real fast ( solid 10s)but not 9s . I can get the tires a few inches off the ground with a 12 lb launch .

You still need to come to this car show. It really is seriously awesome. It takes over the whole town. People are totally into it.

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No need for NOS on these cars. Many  Factory single turbo stock block GN's running 9s and even 8s with mods . I have alcohol injection and the sky is the limit .

Really? I thought stock single turbos with no mods were like 250 HP. That's maybe a high 13 second machine.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Roller cam 

Roller lifters,arms

Billet crank

4 billet steel mains 

Forged pistons 

Heavily ported factory  iron heads 

Heavily ported stock lower intake 

High flow headers , 3.5 inch down pipe, fender dump

66mm turbo 

Front mount intercooler 

Alcohol injection with alky chip 

200 r4 Auto trans with billet internals 

And dozens of other stuff lol

Whats the differential gear ratio?

This is similar to my first hot rod. Back in my Carroll County days lol. 1964 Chevy II 2 door Sport Coupe, although this is a sedan. I built a cammed up 327, modded 350 turbo, with 373:1 gears, That car weighed like 2500 pounds. Was fun to drive.

chevy.thumb.jpg.4bcfb8aade64eb79cd3e2e5b9f9e6473.jpg

ETA-

Mine looked more like this..Sport Coupe Hardtop.

cpupe.jpg.c443cf5f51a840aef8826d75504b3e58.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone looking for something to do tomorrow, the big car show in Ridgely, MD is happening. It's a quaint eastern shore town, but it is bigtime. I go almost every year.

Richard Petty will be there- he has come every year I think. Also The dude from the "My Classic Car" series will be there filming for an upcoming episode.

http://www.ridgelycarshow.com/

@losetoa6 should show up and bring his GN.

• Like 2

Well the stink bugs are back. They have left the crop fields and are looking for their winter abode. I didn't see a single one all summer, saw ONE yesterday, and today they are all over the house and deck. Been having fun with my electrocution bug swatter. Effing awesome. Picked off 25 or so while watching the Ravens get exposed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

You could get a base regal with turbo drivetrain...and there was the turbo - T , T-Type especially in 1987 but some different packages in 86 were available.  In Theory the Turbo T would be faster then a GN because many T's and T-Types came with aluminum rear brake drums and aluminum bumber brackets and supports making them lighter which  = faster B) . My dad has a Turbo T and it's a total sleeper with no spoiler or badging . Also very limited production in 87 with only 1500 or so T's  made vs 20,000 + GNs but GNs remain more valuable for now .

Yeah I had heard/read that. It was featured on an ep of MotorWeek in the last year- I mentioned that to you at the time. Also found this article earlier. Interesting stuff.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/12/11/buick-regal-turbo-t-was-fast

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice find ...yep most points are pretty spot on . But the one  truth most  people don't realize is the 86-87 turbo Buicks were very detuned from the factory and extremely responsive to small bolt on mods . I know 1st hand . 

Yeah I figured considering it apparently does not take as much modification as one would think to get one of these machines to turn an 11 second quarter mile.

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

He is playing 12D chess. He doesn't want to be in a position to tie the game on a last second FG, and play overtime. They will be forced to score a TD, and go for the win!

Well, maybe he was, lol.

Interesting article.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/22/20878730/baltimore-ravens-kansas-city-chiefs-analytics

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic