Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2019

George BM

47 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Going to a beer festival today at which the beers I’m most interested (of the more than 250 available) in are all over 10% ABV.

Pray for me.

This is pretty much always the case for me these days. Prefer the high gravity stuff. I like drinking one or two and done.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sounds like a great Saturday! Report back with your notes when you recover.

Might be Tuesday morning before I’m back at 100%. :lol:

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This is pretty much always the case for me these days. Prefer the high gravity stuff. I like drinking one or two and done.

I’m with you 100%...but I’m getting my money’s worth today. With 3-4 oz pours and wanting to sample all the best beers available (the list is full of whales), there won’t be any time for sipping! :lol:

• Haha 1

A bit of a sloppy game by the Ravens but they did play an actual NFL team this week. Pretty solid effort by Lamar- more representative of that we should expect from him. Still, nearly 300 yards passing, 2 TDs (no picks again)  and 120 yds rushing- not many other QBs are going to put those numbers up on a day where the offense seemed to struggle a bit, and with way too many penalties. What a clutch throw and catch late in the 4th quarter from Lamar to Hollywood to seal the deal. That was pretty, and a gutsy play call.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

A bit of a sloppy game by the Ravens but they did play an actual NFL team this week. Pretty solid effort by Lamar- more representative of that we should expect from him. Still, nearly 300 yards passing, 2 TDs (no picks again)  and 120 yds rushing- not many other QBs are going to put those numbers up on a day where the offense seemed to struggle a bit, and with way too many penalties. What a clutch throw and catch late in the 4th quarter from Lamar to Hollywood to seal the deal. That was pretty, and a gutsy play call.

I think they need to shore up the passing defense to have a chance next week in KC.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I think they need to shore up the passing defense to have a chance next week in KC.

Yeah they had a bad series or 2. Part of that is the injury to Smith, but they need to step it up next week for sure. I don't expect them to win, which is why they really needed this game. They should have won the game there last year, and they didn't because of a big play at the end on a 4th down by Mahomes/the secondary gacking it up. Easy to credit Mahomes, but the D was in position and simply didn't make the play.

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah they had a bad series or 2. Part of that is the injury to Smith, but they need to step it up next week for sure. I don't expect them to win, which is why they really needed this game. They should have won the game there last year, and they didn't because of a big play at the end on a 4th down by Mahomes/the secondary gacking it up. Easy to credit Mahomes, but the D was in position and simply didn't make the play.

I’d love to see an old fashioned high-scoring AFC shootout where the last team with a possession wins next week.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Find anything particularly good? Any surprises?

Lots of amazing beers - too many to mention and nearly too many to remember! Of note:

- Hidden Springs: Double Barrel-Aged Fuffernutter Black Aggie

- Aslin: Castle Hill

- Horus: Coconut Crown and Hazelnut Crown

- Voodoo: Black Magick (Double Oak)

- Sapwood: Galactic Burst

There were plenty more I did try (particularly barreled stouts) - and I definitely missed some great ones - but I did the best I could with what my body allowed me. :lol:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mattie g said:

Lots of amazing beers - too many to mention and nearly too many to remember! Of note:

- Hidden Springs: Double Barrel-Aged Fuffernutter Black Aggie

- Aslin: Castle Hill

- Horus: Coconut Crown and Hazelnut Crown

- Voodoo: Black Magick (Double Oak)

- Sapwood: Galactic Burst

There were plenty more I did try (particularly barreled stouts) - and I definitely missed some great ones - but I did the best I could with what my body allowed me. :lol:

Any of the stouts you want to give a shout out about? Always hunting for new ones to try.

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Any of the stouts you want to give a shout out about? Always hunting for new ones to try.

The beers at this party were almost exclusively brewery-only, with all the stouts I sampled being incredibly difficult to get, even at the breweries themselves (think one release per year, with very limited bottle/can runs). This is one reason why it was such a draw for the collective DC-area (and beyond) beer geekdom. Also, pretty much every stout I tried aside from the Aslin beers were from outside the area - the closest to you I think is Voodoo, which has a location in Lancaster.

I wish I could give some suggestions, but these beers are just so hard to find, with some going for $100+ on the secondary market (if you can find them).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Beaumont Tx area getting crushed per radar . Hrrr pastes between 10-20" for parts of extreme se Tx tonight ...probably overdone but if not ...damn.

3k puts down 10-18" lollies as well . TDs are almost more exciting to track than a hurricane.  

Meanwhile 16 years ago at this moment...

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Pretty wicked mesoscale read from se TX . 5 inch an hour rates reported.

The training west of Beaumont is incredible..

The only good aspect of this is that the area SW of Beaumont that looks like it got hit the heaviest is fairly rural.  I-10 in that area must be closed since there is no traffic reported on Google Maps.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic