Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2019

George BM

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

59-10

Good extended preseason for the Ravens. Should be another practice game with Arizona at home next week before they will be tested against a real team.

Ravens offense is super. A record score of 59-10 against the Dolphins. Ravens are a real team.

9 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Ravens offense is super. A record score of 59-10 against the Dolphins. Ravens are a real team.

The Ravens are a young, fast, and very talented team. They were not tested today. Miami is a pathetic team. They should again win easily next week at home against another bad team. After that, we will get a much better idea of just how good they are as the schedule quickly gets tougher. Game 3 at KC.

Hurricane Dorian...

Struck Hatteras NC on Friday.  Dare County Schools remained closed Monday. They're back in today after a 2 hour delay.

Hatteras HS had 1/3 of the roof ripped off. Other schools not too bad. Can you imagine Fairfax Co reopening only 2 days after a hurricane? They would take the week off at least.

https://www.daretolearn.org/about/check-this-out/~board/district-wide-posts/post/hurricane-dorian-recovery-efforts

P.S. as you might imagine, Hatteras mascot is the fighting hurricanes. (Wonder if they us the Miami U logo.)

27 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Hurricane Dorian...

Struck Hatteras NC on Friday.  Dare County Schools remained closed Monday. They're back in today after a 2 hour delay.

Hatteras HS had 1/3 of the roof ripped off. Other schools not too bad. Can you imagine Fairfax Co reopening only 2 days after a hurricane? They would take the week off at least.

https://www.daretolearn.org/about/check-this-out/~board/district-wide-posts/post/hurricane-dorian-recovery-efforts

P.S. as you might imagine, Hatteras mascot is the fighting hurricanes. (Wonder if they us the Miami U logo.)

I don't think Fairfax would remain closed. As long as the roads were cleared of debris and the schools were deemed safe (i.e. no risk that the structure would come crashing in on students) and that any damage was appropriately patched (even with tarps), they would open. If any schools were so badly damaged as to make it impossible to have students in it, they would find a way to get kids to other schools/locations to continue with their school year. I'd imagine they have that contingency plan in their back pocket in case of even the most random of emergencies...because if they didn't then they'd be completely negligent.

It simply wouldn't be feasible to remain closed until such time as repairs were completed. The school year really has to move on.

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Are you still in town? Thought you had moved. I might be game for a get together as long as it isn't too long of a hike. Maybe PSU?

I am indeed still here and likely will be here for the forseeable future, unless Louisiana gets really cool about some things as they relate to me really quickly. Lol.

Just now, supernovasky said:

I am indeed still here and likely will be here for the forseeable future, unless Louisiana gets really cool about some things as they relate to me really quickly. Lol.

Could have sworn you mumbled something about how snow sucks here in the mid-Atlantic and you you were getting the hell out of Dodge to somewhere where snow actually falls. My bad though, guess not. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Could have sworn you mumbled something about how snow sucks here in the mid-Atlantic and you you were getting the hell out of Dodge to somewhere where snow actually falls. My bad though, guess not. :D

Nah haha. I almost moved back to Louisiana because my divorce was getting messy. Still is, but Maryland is the best place for me now. I'm getting used to the place anyway. Maybe one day I'll experience one of those incredible snowstorms.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, supernovasky said:

BTW, are we going to do a get together before winter hits?

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Are you still in town? Thought you had moved. I might be game for a get together as long as it isn't too long of a hike. Maybe PSU?

Another mid-Atlantic get-together might be fun, if anyone else is looking into this too.  I'd be up for it.  Maybe as we get more into fall(?)...it's a great time of year.

33 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was just throwing out a closer suggestion for showmethesnow. There are good farm breweries all over the mid Atlantic! :D

You all do what is convenient for the majority if you do have a get together. Of course if I can't make it I expect some of the good brew you all come across sent to my house with 1 day shipping. :whistle:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic