• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow

Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

1 hour ago, TennTradition said:

I’ve seen the reference - but what’s a weenie?

annoying idiots who don’t know when to STFU.

HTH.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TriPol said:

Ok, but...

Can someone PLEASE explain this?

EDpbqcaWkAQ3o-3.png

It's what happens when you give a child a shitload of money and no discipline, and then he grows up, gets a brain tumor, and becomes president

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Watching Ryan Maue defend this sharpie bullshit is actually more entertaining than the sharpie bullshit itself.  He has a PhD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Will - Rutgers said:

Watching Ryan Maue defend this sharpie bullshit is actually more entertaining than the sharpie bullshit itself.  He has a PhD.

Oh my god why didn't I think to check in on this thank you

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Can we cut the politics? There is a forum for that (Political Roundtable)

Nah

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Can we cut the politics? There is a forum for that (Political Roundtable)

No. Compartmentalizing this stuff is what allows trump to thrive. People who support him should be forced to make ridiculous posts that all of us can read and mock. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

No. Compartmentalizing this stuff is what allows trump to thrive. People who support him should be forced to make ridiculous posts that all of us can read and mock. 

Yeah maybe make less excuses for grown men who say stupid things and attempt to cover themselves with vain, petty theatrics that debase our hobby and its science in the bargain.  Maybe cut that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Some of the Trump posts have been removed.  It is one thing to talk about his statements regarding Dorian but this board is not the place for broader political discussions.

It is mind boggling and embarrassing that anybody at this board or any wx enthusiast in general would try to explain away the cone comment.  People are too quick to reflexively fall back into their corners.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Some of the Trump posts have been removed.  It is one thing to talk about his statements regarding Dorian but this board is not the place for broader political discussions.

It is mind boggling and embarrassing that anybody at this board or any wx enthusiast in general would try to explain away the cone comment.  People are too quick to reflexively fall back into their corners.  

how is it a problem when people who rely on facts fall into that corner to combat lies?

• Like 6

Just saw that presser with the Dr. The Most Honorable PM of The Bahamas. I swear it reminded me of Baghdad Bob.....nothing much to see here....most buildings little to no damage...infrastructure in place....locally sourced response...and this was after saying it was a generational disaster. Made no sense. 

1 hour ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Longest lasting hurricane (only posting this because someone asked in a deleted comment on the main thread)

1899 San Ciriaco Hurricane: 27.75 days

Given that it is so far back, I wonder how they determined it was one hurricane and not a couple of them close together.

Imagine  if there was a bulls ass that could talk, and screamed  "Hey everyone look at me" every 2 minutes. You think people would catch on and stop falling for it after 70+ years but apparently sometimes they don't.

Oh My,, good evening Folks!

Looking at a intercept, cannot get back onto the Barrier Islands ATM..

Though, I got a couple places I hope to catch the Landfall..  Get some Live video.. 

HEY BABY.. ;) 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

how is it a problem when people who rely on facts fall into that corner to combat lies?

The woman, the myth, the legend! She lives!

21 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

Leave it to you to nitpick over corner vs corners.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Amped said:

Imagine  if there was a bulls ass that could talk, and screamed  "Hey everyone look at me" every 2 minutes. You think people would catch on and stop falling for it after 70+ years but apparently sometimes they don't.

that bull's ass tells it like it is

lol

Was going to post this in the main thread, but figured it's better posted here.

NHC waiting to lead the 11:00pm news with the upgrade back to a Cat 3 after leaving it at 110mph for now?

2 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Longest lasting hurricane (only posting this because someone asked in a deleted comment on the main thread)

1899 San Ciriaco Hurricane: 27.75 days

Yup. Thanks.  I deleted it myself when I realized that there is this thing called Google or something.  I appreciate it.  I read up on that storm. Pretty amazing stuff

The impact of Dorian could result in maps having to be redrawn after all the impacts to inlets and barrier islands and whatnot are accounted for. Here's the projection the White House released:

sharpie.thumb.png.75d28c426a83e4e11f324fc954099bf0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, NCSU_Pi said:

The impact of Dorian could result in maps having to be redrawn after all the impacts to inlets and barrier islands and whatnot are accounted for. Here's the projection the White House released:

sharpie.thumb.png.75d28c426a83e4e11f324fc954099bf0.png

I lol’ed. 

4 hours ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Yo @Scorpion I see you browsing. What’s up dude?

Total bust here, but at least I didn’t let myself get excited like Matthew and Irma. Was hoping at least for some hurricane force gusts that I could be on the beach for.  I would give anything to have been in Joshes position.

1 minute ago, Scorpion said:

Total bust here, but at least I didn’t let myself get excited like Matthew and Irma. I would have given anything to be in Joshes position.

You’ll get your cat 5 one of these days. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Leave it to you to nitpick over corner vs corners.  :lol:

the "both sides" stuff is bullshit.  how is people responding with facts a problem?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

You’ll get your cat 5 one of these days. 

too bad the water was/is turned over 

Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

October beast coming in from caribbean

A redux of Hazel or King would set this forum on fire

• Like 1