Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

Jtm12180

4 minutes ago, SENC said:

About that Image going around?

huh, NO a Satellite CANNOT, "SEE" and take a clear Image picture, as posted on the Storm Mode thread..

(Showing the flooded parts of the Island)..

Sorry ya'll are DUPED again..

Most satellites can't.

As the graph (below) shows, clouds reflect visible and infrared light quite well. In fact, visible light (approx. 0.4-0.7 microns in length) is more than 70% reflected by clouds! That means the light can't penetrate the cloud on the way down to earth, let alone penetrate the cloud on its way back up (satellites look down at angles ranging from 0-30 degrees) in order for the sensor to capture it.

https://www.quora.com/Can-satellites-see-through-clouds

Thank you for letting me know that google maps is fake news. I'll have to make sure those planes that fly over my house are just spreading harmless chemtrails then instead of taking pictures.

8 minutes ago, SENC said:

About that Image going around?

huh, NO a Satellite CANNOT, "SEE" and take a clear Image picture, as posted on the Storm Mode thread..

(Showing the flooded parts of the Island)..

Sorry ya'll are DUPED again..

Most satellites can't.

As the graph (below) shows, clouds reflect visible and infrared light quite well. In fact, visible light (approx. 0.4-0.7 microns in length) is more than 70% reflected by clouds! That means the light can't penetrate the cloud on the way down to earth, let alone penetrate the cloud on its way back up (satellites look down at angles ranging from 0-30 degrees) in order for the sensor to capture it.

https://www.quora.com/Can-satellites-see-through-clouds

Congratulations on googling "can satellites see through clouds"

However, active sensors like sentinel and radarsat use active radar that doesn't interact with water vapor and can see through to the earth's surface  at a very high resolution (1M - 100M) which is why they can used to chart polar sea ice, land use, etc.

edit: Dick

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

edit: Dick

I'm Triggered! Isn't there a Cis-Gendered  thing here? I'm saying He used the Wrong pro-noun..

I'm so triggered & unhappy.. I need My Blinky.. 

How Much for Coastal NC again????

Har Har Har.. 

(It does feel like "Old Times")..  :thumbsup:

I'll post up some video from the beach when this Tropical Storm gets here.. 

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

I'm Triggered! Isn't there a Cis-Gendered  thing here? I'm saying He used the Wrong pro-noun..

I'm so triggered & unhappy.. I need My Blinky.. 

How Much for Coastal NC again????

Har Har Har.. 

(It does feel like "Old Times")..  :thumbsup:

I'll post up some video from the beach when this Tropical Storm gets here.. 

Do you have clinical schizophrenia?

3 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

posts about mdecoy's fleshlight really changed your mind, huh?

Obviously.

My favorite so far are the random font changes, capitalizations, hyphenations and other grammatical oddities in the SENC posts.

It's like he's a living and breathing email FWD that I would get from my grandfather before he passed away.

• Haha 3

Just now, mattb65 said:

Obviously.

My favorite so far are the random font changes, capitalizations, hyphenations and other grammatical oddities in the SENC post.

It's like he's a living and breathing email FWD that I would get from my grandfather before he passed away.

Well according to the Matthew thread, he's been watching hurricanes for 40 years so that's right about the "get off my lawn" phase of life.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Obviously.

My favorite so far are the random font changes, capitalizations, hyphenations and other grammatical oddities in the SENC posts.

Happy I could resurrect Memories..  your welcome..

Hey? what would ya'll do w/out Me?

ya'll need a good laugh AmIright? 

:drunk: