Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

Jtm12180

1 minute ago, SENC said:

TY,,  @Mappy & @H20..

I would respond to hazwoper, though it would be uncalled for & un-civilized,,  in My response.. ;) 

oh no, you're thoughts are pretty out there and no one agrees with you. but putting them in banter means they won't be removed. 

3 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

true.  is there anything worse than to see mappy, h20, and yoda herpa derping all the threads?

dont mind Jay, he's just pissed that he came to the mid-atlantic and wasn't welcomed. and then, i think had to leave the college he was attending for reasons, so he moved away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14629416

nah, wasn't like that. we do welcome new people all the time. sbos was already at a disadvantage, coming from new england, and waltzed in like he owned the forum. 

not sure what happened and why he left. hope he finished up school okay. 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

There's really only about a small minority (including yourself) that are generally abrasive, unhappy, and miserable. Just overall not very kind people, who tend to look for reasons to pick people apart instead of help them learn a new area and microclimate. There's something to be send toward your natural inclination to rip everyone apart and have an attitude. I was just a college kid looking to post about weather at age 21. 

I had several people personally message me, from your forum, apologizing for the clown show behavior that you and a few others promote. 

It's a very good sub forum, it's a shame some others ruin it for newcomers or people that aren't apart of your 'clique'. I'm not sure why it's allowed or the 'cool' thing to do, but you do you.

It's a weather hobby bulletin board. Lighten up.

We used to call it “the hive”

not sure what the main clique is called now

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

that's because drunk on power mid atlantic black ops mods hate NYC/NJ posters

Nope, lets get it right.  EVERYONE hates (non red-tag) NYC/NJ tropical posters. (love you guys in the winter though, kind of funny to watch the freakouts)  Evidently people in the Bahamas have nothing on "Sandy Survivors".  Give it up people.  Sandy, by comparison, was a little coastal flooding combined with a few EF-1 tornadoes for localized heavy damage.  Most of an island was just wiped off the map by Dorian.  No equals here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

nah, wasn't like that. we do welcome new people all the time. sbos was already at a disadvantage, coming from new england, and waltzed in like he owned the forum

not sure what happened and why he left. hope he finished up school okay. 

Yes- I transferred to a private college up this way. Graduated, etc.

On the other note, I was a 20 year old college kid that had half the weather knowledge I do now. I was posting because I was trying to be friendly, make new friends. I have just went SNE to NNE and people loved just having another member. Some people seemed to take it personally that I had the gall to post about Mid Atlantic weather. Don't really get it. I don't get the need to be angry all the time. If it was really just because you guys dislike SNE, I guess I can understand that? I don't get the hate?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SENC said:

Yes, It was Me, I'm guilty..

I STILL maintain Michael was at MOST a Cat 3..

Same with Dorian..

NOP 180+ mph Winds either..

I watched enough (LIVE) video TO KNOW I was looking at Cat2 or 3 Winds..

IN ADDITION to the very MANY Canes I've lived and experienced..

Marsh Harbor, Bahamas experienced STORM Surge causing MOST of the Damage.. 

The picture posted in the main thread, Looks, in MY experienced observations are from poorly construct SHACKS.. Noticed *well built* building(s) survived, with little to NO Damage, re: roofs are still intact..

Just My experienced opinion.. 

180+MPH wind(s) you would have a SAND BAR left behind, Palm tress that are just Trunks, (No palm fronds attached).. 

If Dorian was "truly" a Cat 5.. Marsh Harbor would look like this..  

Sand-bars-in-Philippines.jpg

Well it does look like that and the Palm leaves that did not get blown off were  likely under water 

Josh and everyone in that whole school went through absolute hell. As you saw from pictures, everything is completely smashed there. Knowing Josh, he’s probably helping out. Frankly, he probably can’t really even find a way to get home right now. He’s done this before, and I’m sure he’s OK. Are we really surprised we have not heard from him by now given what we‘ve seen?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Yes- I transferred to a private college up this way. Graduated, etc.

On the other note, I was a 20 year old college kid that had half the weather knowledge I do now. I was posting because I was trying to be friendly, make new friends. I have just went SNE to NNE and people loved just having another member. Some people seemed to take it personally that I had the gall to post about Mid Atlantic weather. Don't really get it. I don't get the need to be angry all the time. If it was really just because you guys dislike SNE, I guess I can understand that? I don't get the hate?

yeah i couldn't recall why you left. i knew you were at a local school, hence why you posted. 

no one took you posting personally, but much like any communities, you have to introduce yourself to it slowly. and being from new england, you kinda had that going against you. 

nothing against you personally of course, but for some reason over the years those from the NE subforum and the mid-Atlantic subforum never quite seem to get along very well. Probably the NYCers caught in the middle stirring the pot.

either way, hope things are well.