Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

Jtm12180

3 minutes ago, STxVortex said:

Anybody know what the turning radius of a 280 mile wide, 70,000ft high, multi-billion ton, 185-220mph, spinning mass of water, water vapor [and some debris] might be? 
Anxious Floridians and EC'ers would like to know.

Pls reply: Box DUG, Cheyenne Mountain, CO. 

Not your grandmum's Buick at all.

Well we all in Florida remember Irma's turn oh too well.

Hundreds of weather wienie wishcasters are waking up right now with disappointment that their dream of 200 mph Dorian heading wsw at 10 mph to bring the apocalypse to florida is not going to happen as this thing is, gasp, following solid guidance in terms of slowing down to a crawl as he prepares to turn north and gradually weaken.

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

Hundreds of weather wienie wishcasters are waking up right now with disappointment that their dream of 200 mph Dorian heading wsw at 10 mph to bring the apocalypse to florida is not going to happen as this thing is, gasp, following solid guidance in terms of slowing down to a crawl as he prepares to turn north and gradually weaken.

Find 10 posts where people stated they were hoping FL gets impacted by a 200 MPH Dorian...…...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well, to keep it real, the last place in the world to come for an objective view of the true probability of landfall is a weather message board; I suppose it serves the purpose of compiling in one place all the worst case scenarios which certainly aren't beyond the realm of possibility.

The Bermuda High is weakening and a new piece of energy is supposed to eventually begin pulling Dorian North but I sure would feel a lot better if Dorian was in fact moving North now instead of still moving West even if its only at 1 mph ----- is there anything that could prevent the Northern pull from happening ? Is there any piece of energy that could continue sending Dorian West ? I mean could the weakening high not break down totally or as expected ?

16 minutes ago, Moonhowl said:

Well, to keep it real, the last place in the world to come for an objective view of the true probability of landfall is a weather message board; I suppose it serves the purpose of compiling in one place all the worst case scenarios which certainly aren't beyond the realm of possibility.

There is a significant difference between discussing different scenarios and wishing for a " 200 MPH Dorian" to hit FL 

• Like 1

I want to know which part of the weather models provided “ solid guidance” over the past week?

Did it turn North and instantly weaken?
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I’m sick of the posts in the main thread worrying about josh. I don’t care, and frankly if something did happen to him it is hard for me to feel bad for someone that put himself in front of a car 5 storm in a small island.

Josh has been our friend for years and some of us care about him, even if he has the dumbest fukkin rings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlaskaETC said:

The models did a fairly good job with Hurricane Dorian. The forecast seems to be right on track, or roughly within the same range.

Ohh come on you would love to be where Josh is. Hell most people on this board would love to be where Josh is. Dont be a hater man be happy there is someone out there living there life to the fullest. Next time book a flight to be in the middle of a cat 5. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

So expressing an opinion/thought is "wish casting"???? 

I don’t think the problem he is talking about is expressing an opinion or thought. I think the problem is the constant talk about the hurricane going WSW, every wobble, and every mention of very poor unreliable model guidance in terms of track. That would be less of expressing an opinion/thought to more of a find anything that fits their agenda which is dang near wishcasting to me.

9 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

I don’t think the problem he is talking about is expressing an opinion or thought. I think the problem is the constant talk about the hurricane going WSW, every wobble, and every mention of very poor unreliable model guidance in terms of track. That would be less of expressing an opinion/thought to more of a find anything that fits their agenda which is dang near wishcasting to me.

That's pretty much why I stopped visiting this forum. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

So what are people suppose to discuss?? Even Mets on here and other  online sites/TV have discussed Dorians wobbles and potential tracks. And some have speculated on Dorian hitting FL. Is that wishcasting?  I have not read a post that stated "I want to see A full fledged CAT 5 Dorian hit Florida"  

• Like 2