Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

Jtm12180

32 minutes ago, H2O said:

I don't think this will get to CAT 4.  The deserts of florida have a lot of dry air that D orian will ingest as it gets closer.  

But what about urban heat island effect? If it comes close to Miami for example it should ramp up to a Cat 6 with all that lift and convection and stuff no?

2 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

Wishcasting a Cat 5 to hit a major city in FL hard.  Storm hitting somewhere with low population and no major buildings to destroy is lame.   

Freeport,  spends 24hrs in the eye on the Euro. Plenty of buildings to destroy there, I don't know how well built they are, but they are going to need to hold up to CAT 4/5

2 minutes ago, Amped said:

Freeport,  spends 24hrs in the eye on the Euro. Plenty of buildings to destroy there, I don't know how well built they are, but they are going to need to hold up to CAT 4/5

Freeport is a poor city on a tiny island.  Nothing really tall to destroy.  I’ve ridden around the island a few times on scooters. 

1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

The euro was the opening all the east coast weenies needed to wishcast it into hatteras, Long Island, sne, and coastal Canada. 

Right

4 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Freeport is a poor city on a tiny island.  Nothing really tall to destroy.  I’ve ridden around the island a few times on scooters. 

we need to build asap