• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Dorian Banter Thread

Jtm12180

Timing couldn't be more perfect. My Davis went on the fritz a few weeks back. Can only attribute to a possible lightning strike.
Figures I've been smack-dab ground zero for repeated runs, always thought that was the place to be five days out...shall see...
I have a back-up (TX Weather, the 8000 model)  and been wanting to seat for a few months now. Health issues have prevented me from getting on the roof disassembling old, attaching the new. Mostly it's the retraction of a telescoping antenna 40ft to the top and getting the guy-wire secured.
Possible storm of a lifetime, the good Lord will not allow this to happen!

I'm loaded for BEAR. Structure will withstand 150mph+, provision wise must go get some Fillet-Mignon. Generac is locked and loaded (100GA of propane) good for a week. Lost electric Mathew for a week, never again...  

4 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Timing couldn't be more perfect. My Davis went on the fritz a few weeks back. Can only attribute to a possible lightning strike.
Figures I've been smack-dab ground zero for repeated runs, always thought that was the place to be five days out...shall see...
I have a back-up (TX Weather, the 8000 model)  and been wanting to seat for a few months now. Health issues have prevented me from getting on the roof disassembling old, attaching the new. Mostly it's the retraction of a telescoping antenna 40ft to the top and getting the guy-wire secured.

I'm loaded for BEAR. Structure will withstand 150mph+, provision wise must go get some Fillet-Mignon. Generac is locked and loaded (100GA of propane) good for a week. Lost electric Mathew for a week, never again...  

Maybe a member or two here can come help you with the Davis. We need data. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Maybe a member or two here can come help you with the Davis. We need data. 

That is a possibility. I know a guy who cleared the land of trees. He has a bucket and if the price is right. He's probably balls-to-wall with pending incoming.
I'll repost my whoa in the SE thread...fingers crossed. 

9 hours ago, ROOSTA said:

are you saying jesus knows how to install a TX 8000 on your roof? or he'll just hold Dorian up until you get it installed?  or move the storm altogether? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Purely speculation but this storm feels like a Matthew track to me. I've been saying that since the first member started advertising the northward bend yesterday morning. If it slows down, it is going north. That's just what these things do. And I'm supposed to be in Nags Head all week so I KNOW its coming north haha

• Like 1