• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

This is the latest I've seen our quadrature of Hemisphere not show -20 C at 850 mb along and above the 70th latitude ... specifically, in the models.  Usually by now, they are flagging that in the first week of October and it's not happened yet.  Not sure what if anything that means .. .but, it's interesting to me how the entire Canadian shield is loading with -3 to -7 C like that (850 mb) above this wall of heat trying to hang out S of Chicado. Odd look. 

Where's the land based snow at high latitudes ?

Preoccupation and attention being devoted to sea-ice ...but our early winter temperature anomalies tend to move with with the state of the cryosphere..and this particularly true of -AO's later on, where autumn snow cover tends to proceed the -AO state as correlative -

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice ginxy. Getting Fozz hooked on the RI beaches. 

45 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Hopefully Fozz brings the good winter juju like Wxblue did when he moved north....;)

Lol I told him I am hoping he gets a 1/2015 long duration blizzard to kick off his new apt. 

Will he was telling me about you explaining his new snow climo. 

received_462710320994328.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol I told him I am hoping he gets a 1/2015 long duration blizzard to kick off his new apt. 

Will he was telling me about you explaining his new snow climo. 

Yep. He lives in a pretty high-gradient area there in N RI. You can go about an inch per mile at the max there from PVD metro to parts of N Cumberland. 

And like dryslot said, hopefully he brings good juju in his first winter like wxblue did and not Mid-Atlantic snow climo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. He lives in a pretty high-gradient area there in N RI. You can go about an inch per mile at the max there from PVD metro to parts of N Cumberland. 

And like dryslot said, hopefully he brings good juju in his first winter like wxblue did and not Mid-Atlantic snow climo. 

I was explaining to him the whole PVD in Warwick debacle.  Pawtucket just north gets slammed more than North Providence too

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This pic makes me feel the beach... I love the mountains but there's something about the ocean and that vastness. It has it's own culture/feel.  If I can't live in the hills, I want to live next to the ocean.

Wasn't someone asking about the dock warning given by NWS Montana?

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This blows dongs now

5 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

First call of the season for wraparound snow.  :):

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Need more mixing this time of year ... because the solar input is warm, but not enough to destablize the boundary layer and turn it over on it's own like it would be May-Aug

I'm confused by all of this...

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Spent the day in SRI showing Fozz around from Watch Hill to Newport.  Found a new Sandy high water marker about 10 feet below the 38 marker. Long way behind Fozz in the distance

Had a great time today, and really enjoyed seeing southern RI and the beaches, not to mention all the history including the hurricanes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Hopefully Fozz brings the good winter juju like Wxblue did when he moved north....;)

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The one other time I "moved" was when I went to grad school in southern PA, which was 2013-14, and that ended up being an amazing winter in the area. Hope my luck continues. 

• Like 1