Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

What do you need rain for? growing season is over.

Not here. Still picking the fruits of my labor. Red chilis and red sweets really ripened fast and my green beans finally bore fruit. Tomatoes and eggplant going to town as well. Lets keep this going another 3 weeks. Then we rain and rain for 4 then we snow. Good plan anyways.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not here. Still picking the fruits of my labor. Red chilis and red sweets really ripened fast and my green beans finally bore fruit. Tomatoes and eggplant going to town as well. Lets keep this going another 3 weeks. Then we rain and rain for 4 then we snow. Good plan anyways.

My hydrangeas are still flowering!

We had 20mins of light rain today. A huge flock of birds sat on my porch railing to enjoy the drips coming down from the porch above mine...getting pretty desperate for rain here. The ridge sets up shop over central TN again and we bake...highs starting thurs and beyond pushing 100 again...this pattern seems to be locked in through mid october...

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I distinctly remember him and other ACATT ers saying cool fall was here and we were done with HHH and 90. We still aren’t done with either. Not even close 

Summer's dead.  Admittedly yesterday was warm and humid.  Seriously though.......do you really expect HHH moving forward?  I laugh.

• Like 1

Climo starts to become a killer for 90F up here as we get near October. CON has 2 90+ readings in their October history and one was in the knicker years. Otherwise the highest was a 90F on 10/7/63. Before that the next 90F is 9/28 back in yore and then you get into the 90-91 stuff from 2007 and 2017. Get 18-20C up here and we'll push it regardless of climo, but my hunch is those euro runs are a little too aggressive for the heat up here. Last night's euro looks a lot like how this last stretch played out. NE-SW gradient as the high knifes in and then we step it up each day until a stronger cold fropa comes through. That's getting into lala though. Pretty strong gradients though across the US, but we're getting into that season I guess. Like Scoot said...looking ninaish too.